Target - Target in a nutshell | Glassdoor

"Target in a nutshell"

Former Employee - Team Member in Coon Rapids, MN
Former Employee - Team Member in Coon Rapids, MN

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Pay
-Bonus
-Leadership development
-Room for growth
-Great people to work with

Cons

-Payroll in stores
-Long hours if salary
-Anonymous survey system is not fair

Advice to Management

– Not everything is black and white. Real people work for the company. I felt as though Target lost a lot of great talent quickly and brought in cheap leadership. Make sure you don't care too much about the price of the stock and care more about your people.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Extremely positive environment"

Current Employee - Food Service Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Food Service Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The TLs and ETLs are very positive, and are very good at recognizing team members for achievements. If you work hard they are happy to help you move up in the company. There are always fun activities for the team members (volunteer opportunities, basketball tournaments, etc.) You get a 10% discount.

Cons

You don't always get a lot of hours, therefore you can't always take advantage of the benefit package. The team member discount is only valid when using cash, Target gift cards, or Target Redcard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep motivating your team members to be and do their best!

"Solid job when I was in highschool"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Smithfield, RI
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Smithfield, RI

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really flexible hours, good channels of communication. The "great team card" practice was wonderful

Cons

The environment varied drastically depending on the managers, and I remember feeling very taken advantage of towards the end of my time working. It was little things – I would be given just enough hours at the register to be considered a cashier and not make a higher pay grade; reviews got much harsher so that raises could be smaller, etc.

Advice to Management

Be generous to the people on the bottom of the ladder, because it's them who drive all your customer experiences, and if they feel used and unhappy they won't care about the work they do. Nobody works hard at Target because they care about Target; people work for a sense of professional pride, and if you don't make them feel valued they just won't care.