Target - Expect more Pay less | Glassdoor

"Expect more Pay less"

Former Employee - Hardlines in Northridge, CA
Former Employee - Hardlines in Northridge, CA

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co workers are fun.It's not Wal-mart. Its a pretty good environment

Cons

Pay isnt that fair for all the work you do.Hence the title/ motto "expect more (from workers) pay (the workers) less."

Advice to Management

Definitely would help if they help a lot more.. if we can't socialize why should they?

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Enjoyable company, bad management"

Former Employee - Fitting Room Operator in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Fitting Room Operator in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, easy job, straightforward duties, employee discount, reward system, flexible scheduling

Cons

Bad management, short staffed, benefits harder to obtain, under appreciate employees

Advice to Management

I found while working at target that many people worked hard to become managers so that they could stop working hardly at all. Although target prides itself on rewarding and appreciating their employees, too often efforts go unnoticed. I often felt under appreciated by my direct supervisors and taken advantage of. They frequently slacked on work and pushed me to take care of everything and belittled me when I fell short of expectations. This is not how one treats their employees. Many I've spoken to have felt the same about their experience with this company.

"Food Ave is a total Nightmare!!"

Former Employee - Food Ave Team Member in Westminster, CA
    Former Employee - Food Ave Team Member in Westminster, CA

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just working along with co-workers who become very close to you.

Cons

Ton of work to do in a day including cleaning, prepping, and making food, which you have to do all of this at the same time everyday. While I was working there, I kept burning, cutting, and hurting myself to please the manager to maintain their standards. Most of the time there will be myself working on everything while the worker that works earlier leaves and I have to care of everything myself. For the breaks, I have to take control of it; they won't tell you to take a break and while you're working in Food Ave., there are so many things to do and you lose track of time and it usually results losing my breaks and just having a lunch or the shift is already over. Also when someone calls out, they would expect you stay an hour or two to clean the kitchen and close. Best advice stay out of Target's Food Ave. Team Member position, you do not want to have scars like mine.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.