"Electronics Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time working at Target, wasn't a particularly exceptional job but I enjoyed the people I worked with.

Cons

Typical retail job complaints, if you are working a retail job you should know what you're getting into.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"It pays part of the bills"

Current Employee - Hard Lines Team Member in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Hard Lines Team Member in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The couple good things about work here are my coworkers (not the managers, fellow coworkers) and the flexibility with school. If you are consistently getting 25 hours, I have heard the benefits are good, but I do not know first hand,

Cons

1. The hours are awful. If you are looking for a full time job, do not apply. A typical hard lines, soft lines, or cashiering weekly hours range from 15-24. During the holidays you will have around 25-35, but when the holiday season is over, hours will be majorly cut. 2. The management is poor. Excluding a handful of leaders, most of the LOD do not exactly seem to know how to lead. 3. If you are looking to move up within the company, you will not unless you have a degree. 4. I am not sure about all targets, but if you are working a closing shift they will make you take a lunch and stay if you do not finish your designated area. Although they may tell you that you aren't forced to stay (because that is illegal) they will coach you if you leave without finishing your nightly area. 5. The over all environment is set up as though you, the team member, are a slave. The LODs and team leads are looked down if they help a team member with any go backs, zone, ect. They are solely there to supervise even if the team is behind on go backs, zone, ect. Which goes right back to number 4 and staying past shifts. 5. Raises only come once a year. No commission. I know many people who have been there for 5 plus years and are only making 8.50, so don't expect to move up even raise wise within this job.

"If only policy was enforced."

Former Employee - Cashier in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great corporate policy Vibrant atmosphere Great in store discount

Cons

Poor management structure Unclear training Low starting pay No accountability for managers

Advice to Management

Ensure that all company policies are strictly enforced, and that every new employee is thoroughly trained and mentored. Don't treat seasonal employees as "less than," just because they aren't permanent employees. It's hurtful, and can lead to an unequal workplace.