Target - Loved it | Glassdoor

"Loved it"

Former Employee - Cashier in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Cashier in Miami, FL

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great chances of Advanecment never really disappointed me

Cons

None I really loved working there

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Unsatisfactory to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Danvers, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Danvers, MA

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse staff, flexible hours, ability to get extra hours when needed, time and a half on holidays and Sundays

Cons

I wasn't able to be promoted to a position any higher than "team member" because I was in college, working towards a Bachelor's degree. Many of the managers or team leaders had less education than I did but because they were able to work the most hours, they were promoted.

Advice to Management

I felt like the employees were just numbers, especially the lowest level of employees. We were just there to work long hours for cheap wages, our opinions and feelings were not considered.

"Overworked, underpaid!"

Former Employee - Backroom/Flow Team
    Former Employee - Backroom/Flow Team

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for Target for almost three years as an early morning logistics backroom/flow team member. PLEASE NOTE: This review is only relevant to early morning logistics and the unload process itself. Cashiers, sales floor, and day side positions are completely different.

-Usually good, fun people to work with.
    -Treated with respect by team leaders 95% of the time.
    -Team members have a larger voice than team leads.
    -Everyone loves Target.

Cons

-Overworked every unload process. (4 days a week depends on store size)
    -Not enough people to handle large unloads.
    -$8 an hour starting pay for people who do the most physical work and work early morning/overnight.
    -After taxes and benefits you're looking at more than half your pay gone, which isn't much to begin with.
    -POOR raises ONCE a year. Don't bother asking for more than what you get because it is nearly impossible.
    -HAVE to work black Friday, and most holidays NO exceptions, excluding Christmas and Easter. Weekends are a MUST.
    -Team leaders do NOTHING to actually help the unload process except give out unrealistic goal times and tell people what to do.
    -Store managers are most of the time, completely clueless as to what actually happens when he/she is not there. Completely out of the loop and team members will know more about the unload process and how everything really works.
    -Some weeks you can get 40 hours, others less than 20. It really depends on your work ethic as they will give hours to the people that actually work and move fast.
    -They value team members that are good talkers rather then team members that actually get down and do the dirty physical work.
    -Laying off employees, cutting hours, tighter goal times, increased workload, increased merchandise coming off trucks, more pressure on team members and team leads.
    -You are expected on daily basis to work outside of your work center. I.E. Cashiering
    -If you start work in an older store, chances are they have ancient equipment that don't work half the time.