Target - A great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"A great company to work for"

Pros

They care about their employees and offer a variety of discounts and promotional opportunities for them. One of my favorite parts was Fast, Fun, and Friendly Fridays.

Cons

during certain times of the year, depending on your position, you may not be able to work full-time hours, even as a full-time employee

Advice to Management

I really liked all of my managers and believe they did a great job and were fair to the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Great company and people"

Former Employee - Cashier & Guest Service Trainer in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier & Guest Service Trainer in Littleton, CO

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great, schedules are flexible. I was able to transfer stores without issue. They do make an effort to connect with local schools and the community, it's a shame I never took advantage of it when I worked there

Cons

Little room for advancement within the store, raises are quite the pittance. I worked there for nearly 5 years, and had the capacity to do almost every position in the store effectively.

Advice to Management

Recognize those who are able to work in multiple positions. The upper management has to be able to do all the entry level positions, so why deny someone the opportunity to grow this way?

"Used to be great!"

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Leader
    Current Employee - Guest Service Team Leader

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employee discount. Coworkers friendly, team atmosphere. Diversity of employees. Minimal benefits. Promises of "development" rampant.

Cons

How long do they think guests are going to put up with the constant push on REDcard? No one is told during the hiring process that their job is predicated on selling the company's credit/debit card. I believe in this economy it is very difficult to convince someone to incur more credit just for a 5% discount. Large turnover of good, hard working people. This is due to new policies of pinching payroll. Expected to do 5 times the work as a few years ago, with very paltry raises. Raises are set by Store Team Leader not by tm's direct supervisor. What was a "fast,fun, and friendly" work environment when I was hired has turned into "work faster, fun is irrelevant, no time for friendly" place. With so few people on register, on salesfloor and other work centers, the store is a mess with no help to be found for the guests. What used to set us apart from the big W is gone but not forgotten. Corporate may think that the REDcard is the only important aspect of our job, but those of us who still want to be proud of our workplace will strive on.

Advice to Management

Someone, somewhere needs to realize that the economy is not the only thing responsible for declining profits. Cutting staff means cutting service, means cutting sales. A credit application is not going to change that.