Target - Wors working environment for anyone | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Wors working environment for anyone"

Former Employee - Soft Lines Team Member in Malvern, PA
Former Employee - Soft Lines Team Member in Malvern, PA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

...um, give me a second I'll think of something. Oh, the fact that you'll have tons of free time because you'll never get enough hours.

Cons

Never enough hours to go around. Management is terrible, hr are evil manipulative sociopaths, there is no organization of management, there is no training whatsoever, the area you. Have to zone is way to big for one person to handle, you Get blamed for messy guests who mess up the areas you just cleaned up, oh and the guests are arrogant jerks who don't realize that the store is Walmart with different branding.

Advice to Management

Quit before you get fired... But seriously actually. Try and train your employees. Don't just throw them in the deep end and try and expect them to swim.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Target is definitely a great place to work if it's your first job, or to help get you through college."

Current Employee - Operator in Murrieta, CA
    Current Employee - Operator in Murrieta, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great experience with people. Will make friends in this work environment. Flexible with school or second jobs. Will learn a lot of helpful skills when working here.

Cons

No opportunity to grow, asked repeatedly for chances to expand in the store or to pick up hours and was never approached. Was also told by a Team Lead that if I need hours to wait by the phone all day until someone calls you in. Horrible management when it comes to team members problems in the store (conflict with other TM's, the workload amount put on one person, very empty promises) A very High School-like environment.

Advice to Management

Would definitely like to see someone who can set store manager's straight when it comes to their team member's needs and requests.

"Too Competitive"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Bloomingdale, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Bloomingdale, IL

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the managers were nice. Got to pick where I worked on the floor for the most part.

Cons

Could not take time off. Cared more about quotas than the employee.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees more.