Target - Team Lead | Glassdoor

"Team Lead"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Plano, TX

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits were great there! Loved the insurance and 401k! I also liked the quality of people that were hired. The interview process helped to weed out people that may not be a right fit!

Cons

Working until 2 or 3 am when closing to make sure that every shelf is beyond perfect. This is INSANE considering that the team came in to close at 3:30 or 4pm!

Advice to Management

Be reasonable about the amount of work you load on to your team leads and and give them ample time to get it completed.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Very structured, but very good employer"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Ansonia, CT
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Ansonia, CT

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, benefits, 401k. Half-hour lunch break. Better hours than most chains and no drive thru.

Cons

Too much emphasis on leadership statuses and new roll outs. Computer system is archaic.

Advice to Management

Everything rated red, yellow and green. Don't put so much emphasis on these weekly ratings.

"People Are Great; Can't Pay My Bills."

Current Employee - Team Lead in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, the people I work with are great. There are decent benefits (health, 401k). The culture is positive and there is recognition of your hard work by peers and supervisors.

Cons

As a Team Lead, I am grossly underpaid. It's a management position, but is still an hourly wage instead of salary. It is not commensurate with the level of responsibility. After taxes, my net is $22,000+ a year...keep in mind I'm responsible for over 10 Team Members and a multi-million dollar department. Working off the clock to get paperwork/scheduling done is sometimes a necessity because you are spread so thin between being on the sales floor performing tasks and providing break/lunch coverage for GS Team Lead, Guest Service Desk, etc. Also, no matter what experience you have as a Team Lead, you cannot move up the ladder any higher (Executive Team Lead) unless you have a 4-year degree, which of course means you will never have a significant jump in pay.

Advice to Management

Provide separate payroll category for Team Leads to do weekly scheduling. Team Lead position should be salary. A management position should not have a wage below $30,000/year; the level of responsibility of a Team Lead is far too great to be paid under this. Allow Team Leads with experience, but not a 4-year degree, to be ETL's.