Target - You get what you give. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"You get what you give."

Current Employee - Softlines Team Lead in Roseville, CA
Current Employee - Softlines Team Lead in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Target is an amazing company to work for. They are flexible when it comes to going to school and having to work, taking time off of work, and providing a safe and fun environment for their employees. I started out as a Starbucks Team Leader and moved my way to Softlines, which is even more of a challenge. I have put in a lot of work and hours as a leader in the store, and run several green departments. With me doing so well, I have been rewarded in pay, hours and great benefits. I have and will continue to work my way up to becoming an Executive Team Leader once I graduate this summer with my BA, and if you are looking for a company that will develop and make you a better worker Target is the best place to work.

Cons

The only con I can see is it is really tough, and I mean basically impossible, to get time off during the holidays. Obviously, I know what I signed up for when I got into retail as my job, but it was not a fun last year when I had to work at 6pm on Thanksgiving instead of being with my family. Other than that I love my job!

Advice to Management

Always remember to try and develop your team, and promote from within. We want to always make sure our team knows that we want them, and that as long as they put in the work to learn and do more we will be willing to promote them.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Doing more with less"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere Corporate tries to create for the team. "Fast, Fun and Friendly" is certainly a refreshing change in the retail world.

Cons

Everything seems to revolve around payroll. Management's solution to everything? Cut hours across the board! We didn't have enough time to perform certain tasks before, now we have LESS time to do it?

Advice to Management

If you want stores to look and act brand, we HAVE to have enough hours available to get the job done, and get it done RIGHT! More hours will mean more team availability for guests, and THAT is what results in more sales!

2. "Good, but not a career"

Former Employee - Shelve Stocker in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Shelve Stocker in Newark, NJ

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good supervisors. Solid benefits. Nice coworkers.

Cons

Pay isn't great. Very boring.

Advice to Management

Give more days off.