Target - You get what you give. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"You get what you give."

Current Employee - Softlines Team Lead in Roseville, CA
Current Employee - Softlines Team Lead in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Target is an amazing company to work for. They are flexible when it comes to going to school and having to work, taking time off of work, and providing a safe and fun environment for their employees. I started out as a Starbucks Team Leader and moved my way to Softlines, which is even more of a challenge. I have put in a lot of work and hours as a leader in the store, and run several green departments. With me doing so well, I have been rewarded in pay, hours and great benefits. I have and will continue to work my way up to becoming an Executive Team Leader once I graduate this summer with my BA, and if you are looking for a company that will develop and make you a better worker Target is the best place to work.

Cons

The only con I can see is it is really tough, and I mean basically impossible, to get time off during the holidays. Obviously, I know what I signed up for when I got into retail as my job, but it was not a fun last year when I had to work at 6pm on Thanksgiving instead of being with my family. Other than that I love my job!

Advice to Management

Always remember to try and develop your team, and promote from within. We want to always make sure our team knows that we want them, and that as long as they put in the work to learn and do more we will be willing to promote them.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"drink the Kool-Aid or get out...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are very nice and know what they're doing...very smart! Their 401(K) matching is awesome.

Cons

If you don't play the game and become a "Tar-bot" you will go nowhere in this company. If you stay in the same job for more than two years it's looked down upon. Don't enter the company as NE (hourly) because rarely will you ever get a job as E (salary). NE employees don't receive the same maternity leave as E. If you're not FFF enough it will go on your review. The pay stinks. Small amount of PTO.

2. "Target is a nice place with friendly team members"

Current Employee - Cashier in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you work are very sociable

Cons

The hours are crazy, and the benefits suck