Target - Flow Team Member | Glassdoor

"Flow Team Member"

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Harrisburg, PA
Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is repetitive, but honestly it is not that bad. Unload the truck, stock the shelves, clean up, stock some more. I like my supervisors, other individuals don't. If you just listen and do what you're told there isn't any problems. Even if you work part time, you're still eligible for health/other benefits. They really work around my schedule. They don't make you cover up tattoos or piercings, which is cool. The encourage individuality. That I can appreciate.

Cons

The pay isn't the best. It's $9.00 an hour plus $1.00 for any hours that you work prior to 06:00am. Some mornings it takes (2) hours to unload the truck and that can be rough, but once that is done, it gets easier. I think that some of my co-workers should have more respect for their supervisors. If they talked to me like that, I would send their a$$es home. The other other thing is some departments rant about sh!t they don't know about. They need to mind their own business and worry about doing their jobs rather than worry about what my department is doing.

Advice to Management

The starting hourly pay is the same today as it was (10) years ago. I don't know who is in charge of that matter, but they should increase the pay for hard working employees. Some of the younger employees are disrespectful to their managers. I understand everyone has a bad day, but you're at work, get it together.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Safe place to work with little micromanaging"

Former Employee - Cashier in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, well-trained managers, friendly co-workers

Cons

sub-par pay, minimal raises, open everyday during the year except christmas and easter.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers more for the work they do.

"Basic retail experience"

Former Employee - Produce in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Produce in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

employee discount, very equal opportunity and accepting of tattoos, and piercings. Good amount of breaks and they are very vigilant with making sure people take them.

Cons

low pay, lazy managers for the most part. Employees aren't trained well enough sometimes and it causes a lot of issues with back up.

Advice to Management

Do some work for once.