Target - Awesome!!! | Glassdoor

"Awesome!!!"

Former Employee - Cashier in DeKalb, IL
Former Employee - Cashier in DeKalb, IL

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They were very flexible and worked around employees schedules. Upper management really tried to make the environment fun and friendly. Had friendly competitions on the amount of red cards individuals could get and had small prizes. The ability to transfer was great.

Cons

Really the only down side in my opinion is the retail hours!! Stores probably vary in culture as well which always made me nervous about transferring.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Good second job, definitely not a career place. Thankfully it was my second job for spending cash."

Former Employee - Guest Service Trainer in Ventura, CA
    Former Employee - Guest Service Trainer in Ventura, CA

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really nice managers, coworkers and HR staff. Super easy job. If youre a good worker than they'll work you a lot.

Cons

Pay is awful, even for managers with degrees its laughable. A lot of people you deal with (customers and coworkers alike) are very unintelligent. Hours aren't desirable (as with any retail job).

Advice to Management

I would just suggest to bridge the gap a little more with pay of store managers and regular team members. So many of my coworkers had families to feed and couldn't because the pay was so awful. I also dont think it necessary to need a degree to move up into management.

"horrible job,horrible pay,horrible people to work with. stay away if you can"

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

none. noting. there is no pros here in target

Cons

horrible job,horrible pay,horrible people to work with. stay away if you can
    i haven't have a chance to find a different job but im almost done with target.
    by cutting hours and making people work harder you are getting nowhere and more and more employees will leave soon

Advice to Management

none. they wont take any advice