Target - Decent company | Glassdoor

"Decent company"

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team members to work with. Enjoy my job. Company keeps growing and they pay well.

Cons

You work for the company for many years, obtain your degree and then they do not want to help you move into a new role. I cannot say this about the entire company, but I can say that about the DC I work for. There is no internal promotions from a team member to an exec role & if one exec does not support you, you basically will go no where.

Advice to Management

Give the team members who have been with the company an opportunity to advance. Help them with their development. Take a much closer look at the people you currently have in some of the exec roles in your DC;s.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Not all it's cracked up to be"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader

I worked at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I met some of the best friends I will ever have there

Cons

Giving your all for a company that considers you disposable and is not shy about sharing that feeling with its staff is one of the most demoralizing things I have ever gone through. Work life balance is non existant as they expect you to live, breath, eat and sleep "Fast Fun and Friendly" while giving only hollow praise back, while all the while watching for each team member to stumble so they can be "coached".

Advice to Management

Hire ETL's that actually HAVE management experience in a real world environment, not just plastic college graduates that stand around looking helpless when confronted with an issue or a problem

2. "its ok"

Pros

lots of hours, asked to stay overtime, friendly staff

Cons

they have this stupid 90 day rule where you can't transfer, change availability or anything so it makes it hard when "life" happens they give you a hard time.

some of the team leads are just bossy without being a boss if that makes sense. I wouldn't work here again unless i was forced into it.