Target - Loved being in back stock! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Loved being in back stock!"

Former Employee - Back Stock Clerk in Cedar Park, TX
Former Employee - Back Stock Clerk in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job kept me plenty busy and had extensive training in multiple departments. I would still be there but with my kids starting school, I couldn't work the 4am shift any longer. No complaints about management.

Cons

Had to bring in my own cold weather gear to work in the freezers. They did not have adequate protection from the -20 degree winds generated by the freezer fans. With an awesome company like Target, you would think that hefty coats or gloves would be provided.

Advice to Management

Appreciated the surprise visits at 7am when you brought coffee and doughnuts to let us know we were valued! Keep working to keep employee moral high.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Great Overall experience, but stressful."

Current Employee - Brand Team Member in Cicero, IL
    Current Employee - Brand Team Member in Cicero, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You learn many fields of the sales floor, such as working with equipment, guest service, and cross training. I became a brand team member after working for about 10 months and with that i learned how things in the store actually ran. I would set new POGs and Adjacency's (which is the putting up of labels and new merchandise and moving merchandise on the floor to corporate's specifications.), as well as other fun projects. The best part is the team you work with, they make the days more bearable and go by faster. They're the only ones willing to be helpful as well.

Cons

You won't get recognized for your hard work in a meaningful manner. you're expected to do unrealistic workloads within the given time. Management is always changing and no one seems to know what their job is or how to lead. You will get coached for things that are out of your hand, and what's worst, they won't tell you about the coaching, which defeats the whole purpose of said coaching. Even if you do everything by the books, expect to get coached. Your schedule will range from working two days to a a full 40 hours a week with out notice. You can also expect to close (getting out at 12:00 am, realisticly 12:45ish, and having to be back to open at 8am. Not to mention that they find no problem with you working at 4am and closing in the same week. I've more times than i can count, had my sleeping scheduale jacked up.(3pm to 12am, then work a mid shift 8am to 4:30pm, then come back at 4am that same night) on paper it's all good but, realistically, you can't sleep.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. The team knows how to operate what needs to get done. It puts everyone in a bad position when a team member is having to train a new LOD on how to do their daily job or on what it is that their team actually does. I'd would also suggest checking to see whether or not your managers can schedule properly, a person can't do a 20 hour workload in 8 hours.

2. "T2212"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

friendly customers and co-workers, good benefits,

Cons

poor communication skills, lack of follow-through, abuse of power of management (T2212), lack of hard working individuals

Advice to Management

learn to communicate better with your employees/ staff, be respectful towards others