Target - Decent Company - Your Experience will Differ Store to Store | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Decent Company - Your Experience will Differ Store to Store"

Former Employee - Brand Team Member in Eugene, OR
Former Employee - Brand Team Member in Eugene, OR

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tv/Movies in the breakroom sometimes with free food, raises every year, cross training which allows you to pick up more hours in other areas of the store, friendly co-workers, they almost always approve time off requests, most LOD's can be really caring and offer help/advice when you really need it.

Cons

Clique-ish LOD's (bosses) and co-workers, LOD's have favorite employees and they make it obvious, rarely ever let you go past team lead without a degree.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Lack of a team environment and lack of training"

Former Employee - Cashier in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Cashier in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Management listens to any team member concerns
    Decent pay
    - Guests are nice

Cons

-Lack of training on cashier- I just was told "good luck" by my team lead, and was never properly trained on EBT or checks. I was also not told that I had to sell a certain amount of Redcards to get decent hours, I guess that should have been a given though.
    - Team members were not helpful and spent most of their shift talking about what happened at their high school and talking about sex. It was kind of a "every man for them self" environment.

Advice to Management

Allow time for new cashiers to train at all locations.

2. "Safe and stable, very little carrot and stick though."

Current Employee - Deli Team Trainer in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Deli Team Trainer in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Target is fairly safe and stable, the job itself is not too hard MOST days. The pay is fairly decent for a first job/

Cons

Target has a very bad way of keeping under-performing employees around for way longer if not forever. This makes other people's jobs harder and lowers moral and even makes other people work at the pace of under-performers. Target also cares more about being brand and appearance than efficiency and cost effectiveness, which means people like me have a harder time moving up.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people off the streets and promote more from within. There is a lot of turn-over caused by this.