Target - Fun if You are Young | Glassdoor

"Fun if You are Young"

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's kind of fun when you are young, until you realize what a waste of time it is, you can move up easily if you are even slightly competent.

Cons

You are expendable- they don't care about you, tried to force me to work more after I clocked out, management always changing, pay is terrible, my store intentionally gave bad reviews so they didn't have to give good raises.

Advice to Management

Keep your ETLs and STLs in the same store, what is the point of moving someone across town? Treat your team members with respect-they aren't cattle or slaves, and I know they work harder than you do! Especially at Christmas.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "The motto says it all: "Fast, Fun and Friendly!""

Pros

Super fun, and you learn to work in a team based environment. Putting some of the responsibility onto the team members also helps build a sense of independence. Also the "Vibe" (Amazing what a moment can do!) is super great. It keeps the company in good competition with competitors.

Cons

ETL's can sometimes be a little self centered. Hard to get them to recognize your achievements even though they have incorporated the "Vibe".

Advice to Management

Acknowledge your team members more for their achievements. Even us lowly people do a lot for the company and sometimes it can be hard to get recognized for that.

2. "It's a job"

Pros

I've been with the company a while and it had been great going to high school and college working there.

Cons

Management keeps demanding more and more to the point that some of it is unreasonable. Lots of favoritism. Keep raising up the minimum so new people come in making as much as you even though you've been there much longer.