Target - Really good | Glassdoor

"Really good"

Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Lathrop, CA
Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Lathrop, CA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really good hours for work and very flexible with your schedule and really nice and friendly management that is very willing to help you.

Cons

There was one time that management schedule me to work on a day that did not have a shipment coming in, so when i came in i found out that the shipment was the day before so i lost a day of work and it looked like i skipped out on work which is really bad when i explained myself to my supervisor he ask the hr and they quickly change my schedule to the right days to make me look like i'm stupid so i lost pay for that day.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Disappointing"

Current Employee - Produce/Deli/Cashier Worker in Saint Charles, IL
    Current Employee - Produce/Deli/Cashier Worker in Saint Charles, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good if you can be available around the clock in order to work four, six or eight hour shifts, as needed, on their terms. Pay was okay for entry level retail. Initial interview did not prepare me for all the rules and "lock-in" availability. Nice co-workers.

Cons

Expectation for availability 24/7 and offering four hour shifts. Worked in Deli without qualifications and found the equipment to be inadequate and a "hold up". Team had work-arounds for corporate requirements. Will never purchase a cooked chicken anywhere again. Work load was overwhelming at times and no reliable back-up. Put on floor alone without adequate preparation. All workers are kept below 30 hours in order to curtail benefits to employees. Hours cut back and not enough time to accomplish expectations. disconnect between the "real world" of the store and corporate mandates for the store. I thought the managers were manipulative. I was told not to request paper bags because they are "expensive" when shopping during my off hours. Opinions are based on employment in 2013.

Advice to Management

During the interview, as an entry level worker, one is shown a video and much is dedicated to "no union"stance. I felt this was almost an intimidation mandating that workers do not to get involved with a union. Video said communication is good and team oriented but I did not feel the company has the slightest interest in the needs, wants or desires of their workers. I was only there a short time. This type of work was new to me and I imagine it is not unusual in today's marketplace. Felt like one of the roast chickens.

2. "It was a friendly experience"

Current Employee - Team Member in Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Team Member in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly, entertaining, variety, helpful, kind

Cons

Sometimes unfair, greedy, fake, careless

Advice to Management

More professionalism