Target - Really good | Glassdoor

"Really good"

Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Lathrop, CA
Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Lathrop, CA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really good hours for work and very flexible with your schedule and really nice and friendly management that is very willing to help you.

Cons

There was one time that management schedule me to work on a day that did not have a shipment coming in, so when i came in i found out that the shipment was the day before so i lost a day of work and it looked like i skipped out on work which is really bad when i explained myself to my supervisor he ask the hr and they quickly change my schedule to the right days to make me look like i'm stupid so i lost pay for that day.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Previous employee of Williamsburg East Target"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Williamsburg, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Williamsburg, VA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Store discount. A few fun, encouraging managers.

Cons

Too many "Team Leaders", with no 'people skills'. No smiles and happpiness. These few Team Leaders are the reason I quit. The privilege of being given a walkie talkie provided a "POWER TRIP HIGH" in a handful of the Team Leaders. On a continuous basis, I was sent to the back of the store to 'clean up' the massive pile of clothes at the dressing rooms, restock the items returned at the Customer Service desk, and continuously called by 'walkie talkie' to come up front to assist guests on the register - only to see the "TEAM LEADER CLICK" standing around gossiping and chit chat. The most disheartening experience - I was in the presence of 2 Team Leaders - gossiping about a cashier that had a family emergency and called in to report her absence. The Team Leaders spent an extensive amount of time gossiping and complaining about her incompetence and doubting her 'family emergency'. These ladies plotted to who they would pull from the floor to work on the register so they didn't have to. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to your Team Leaders - they hurt Employee Moral. They are NOT what they appear to Management

"Overworked, under-appreciated,rewards system not based on merit but opinions of personality...it's all about perception."

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Springfield, PA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Springfield, PA

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay for young people right out of college

Cons

Long hours, shift work, no holidays, small raises and bonuses

Advice to Management

Start looking at the actual performance of the people you promote, talk to the people who work for them, and don't base potential and promotions soley on someone's ability to answer prefabricated and prepared interview questions.