Target - One of the worst jobs I've ever had! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"One of the worst jobs I've ever had!"

Former Employee - Cashier in Atwater, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Atwater, CA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can come up with is that the uniforms are simple and comfortable. They pretty much don't care how you dress so long as your top is red, even if it's just a sweater over whatever shirt, or they have little vests that you can borrow.

Cons

Red Cards, rude management, un organized, un professional, the training was a joke, they just expect you to know how to do everything, and get mad if you ask questions. They love to say "I'm always around if you need me" but they're never around. The leaders spend most of their time gossiping with the people working guest service than helping the cashiers like their supposed to.

Advice to Management

You push the "save 5%" with the red cards, but don't tell people that they'll get charged 20% interest on everything they buy with it. It's not saving people money, it's lying and stealing. All anyone cares about is the stupid cards, not customer service. If you don't sell red cards it's like you're nothing to this company. Training consisted of "you have an hour to read this book and then take over lane 18 and you're on your own for the rest of the day." And the "team leaders" are NEVER around when you need help, and then get mad as if your wasting their time when you call them. There isn't enough walkies for everyone, and often no cashiers would have one at all so you have no way to call for help, and of course you have to take all the complaining from the customer even though it isn't your fault. You never get sent for your breaks on time, if you even get them at all, but then you'll get in trouble for not being "up beat" enough when you've worked almost your entire shift without a break dealing with rude customers who blame you because you couldn't get help with their issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Seasonal Salesfloor Associate"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Chesterfield, MO
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teammates were always nice and considerate to one another. Communicated over walk-talkies consistently.

Cons

Guests would take out a bad day on you if they could not find exactly what they were looking for while you were helping them.

2. "My first job"

Former Employee - Cashier and Cart Attendant in Champlin, MN
    Former Employee - Cashier and Cart Attendant in Champlin, MN

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a great place overall to work. The people were fun, the management was fair, and the discount albeit small compared to other companies was good enough for me.

Cons

Starting wage was above minimum, however it was still quite low for the volume of work. Management stretched their workforce too thin and did so to themselves as well, making getting in touch near impossible. Supervisors had too many expectations for a small team (i.e. the cart attendant needing to keep the lot "clear", empty garbage, clean bathrooms, and assist cashiers all within an hour or within moments notice.

Advice to Management

Be fair to your employees. Your competitors are offering much better for the work, so try to be better than them. Do not expect too much from your employees, and be there when your team needs you.