Target - TARGET RED CARDS!! | Glassdoor

"TARGET RED CARDS!!"

Former Employee - Cashier in Riverhead, NY
Former Employee - Cashier in Riverhead, NY

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty laid back work setting (except prime hours), good pay for a summer job, most customers are pleasant, team members are great and fun to work with, supervisors treat you like a human being which is nice.

Cons

Prime hours are a little hectic sometimes, WAY too much emphasis on the Target RED Card.

Advice to Management

Please consider scaling down the importance of the RED card. While working at Target, it felt like the entire company's success depended on the cashiers convincing people to get a credit/debit card with Target. The pressure of meeting the RED card quota was too much for pay of less than 10 dollars an hour. Keep doing everything else you're doing though because Target is a great place to work!

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Fast and demanding"

Former Employee - Price Accuracy Team Lead in North Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Price Accuracy Team Lead in North Haven, CT

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits fun

Cons

Collaboration timeliness and replenishment zoning

Advice to Management

Manage talent

2. "A great place to work, in which opportunity abounds."

Current Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Sierra Vista, AZ
    Current Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Sierra Vista, AZ

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is genuinely considerate of employee needs and our current HR manager regularely has conversation with each employee attempting to make sure everyone's opinion is heard. Our store operator has had a long tenure at our location and is involved in every aspect of store operations, but she helps anywhere there is a need. The LOD's are all extremely helpful and involved in employee tasks, and they are always there to answer questions if need be. As for myself and my fellow hard lines members, the majority of us feel that we are part of a dynamic culture in which we see a future and the possibility of progression in our positions. If you, like myself, are looking for steady work experience through college, this is the place for you, if you are lucky enough to receive an offer of employment at this particular store.

Cons

Upon being brought on board, the chance for new employees to learn much about particular products is not included with the VERY BRIEF training we receive. We mostly have to learn as we go, which can be an annoyance to the guests when they encounter inexperienced employees struggling to find an answer to their questions.

While a challenging work environment is invigorating, one in which you cannot always give your guests the time required to fully educate them about products is at some points deflating. Having the ability to spend more time on guest guidance would give the guests a better experience and allow for employees to have less pressure set upon them. How exactly this would be possible I am not sure, either through extra day-time employment or by other means.

Advice to Management

All the management I have worked with at this store are very encouraging and always helpful, keep up the enthusiastic standard you hold us all to as well.