Target - Great Company With structured training program | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Great Company With structured training program"

Former Employee - Operations Manager
Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

company culture, information that is learned and achieved over a short period of time. As well as good compensation and benefits with room for salary negotiation. Company facilities are very tidy and well-kept. Weekly meetings allow you to feel engaged with the business process that is going on. The experience that you receive here is something a lot of people do not encounter at a young age, making this great opportunity to go through.

Cons

Senior Management lack of transparency between employees. Never are seen on the floor, and then provide you with feedback based on hearsay. perception is reality.

Advice to Management

Less ego, more visibility.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Great Company to work for and very competitive"

Former Contractor - Advertising Department in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Contractor - Advertising Department in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I liked it cause they were always trying to develop you professionally and encouraging you to try new ways to stream line processes.

Cons

contract positions stay strictly contract. They won't bring you on permanently even if there is a need. It's cheaper for Target to keep on contracting positions out because they don't have to pay for benefits, health, ect.
    Very clickish environment, felt like I was back in high school trying to impress the popular kids. It takes a long time before people open up to you and become of one them.

Advice to Management

Overall a good company, but don't miss out on a great employee and not hire them on a permanent basis to save money.

"Okay, but not a career job."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Glendale Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Glendale Heights, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've met some pretty great people, both co workers and guests. Extremely flexible with one's schedule, helped out a lot while I was in college.

Cons

Management doesn't really take a huge interest in people who are wanting to move up the ranks. They'll give you as much work as the level above you, but not promote you.

Advice to Management

Actually take an interest in the people that would like to move up and grow with the company.