Target - Great Development Opportunity, Changing Landscape | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Great Development Opportunity, Changing Landscape"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While very dependent on your individual STL, can be a wonderful place to work. You get to meet some great people, develop some amazing friendships, and learn to grow as an individual. Will really care about your personal development if you are willing to put in the time and effort. Pay is at, if not above, industry average and executive compensation is reflective of performance and effort. This is a great position and great company to work for if you want to develop and learn to be a leader.

Cons

Especially as of late, company direction has been schizophrenic changing focus and directions frequently. Lack of work life balance makes it tough to start/raise a family, you can sometimes expect a 7-8 day stretch here and there or 60-70+hour weeks when busy. You get what you sign on for in terms of holiday craziness and seasonal fluctuations. Recent position cuts and restructuring has increased our level of stress and reduced our level of service that we can provide to our guests, doing more with less has become the daily struggle in stores. ETLs at times become overpaid team members and no longer leaders due to reduced resources, we have to pick up the slack created by less payroll.

Advice to Management

Give more support and resources to store side and reinvest in providing a brand experience to the guests. Realize that how we beat our competitors is not becoming them but differentiating ourselves as the best retail experience. Invest in our teams and have team members to provide great guest service and flawless instocks, not the 2-3 we have in store based on guest driven scheduling.... The company has lost its identity and sense of direction recently, need to realize that we can win if we spend a little and invest in an amazing experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"I hated working there"

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

dont go work there they dont respect you in dont pay good

Cons

people quit there everyday they dont no how to treat people

2. "Executive Team Leader"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits; best practices make your job easier; good experience leading large teams; 401k with match and health benefits.

Cons

It's retail, so expect to work more during the holidays. "Black Friday" has evolved into "Black Thanksgiving." Lots of new college graduates are being hired that have no work/life experiences, and are often preferred for promotions over experienced internal candidates.

Advice to Management

Take the lead on better holiday hours for your teams - one of the major reasons I began working for the company was the work/life balance, which has taken a major decline.