Target - My time with target | Glassdoor

"My time with target"

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - GE/Softlines in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - GE/Softlines in Houston, TX

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is definitely heavily enforced, just like any other corporations. As a former ETL (Executive Team Lead) the benefits were amazing. Target definitely will take care of you health wise. They are big in work life balance, but it is geared towards employees rather than manager. Definitely a lot of fun activities being promoted by the district, a lot of freebies, and they have a very strong open door policy.

Cons

ridiculous amount of work that corporate sends out to get done in a week. Half of the time we don't even have enough payroll to give out and we have so much work to do. As a manager, there is no work life balance. I worked about 60 hours a week to get stuff done because I don't have enough people. It was hard to hire people because lack of applicants for positions. Not to mention the customer is always right was ridiculous. Why bother having policies and hiring lawyers to write out your legal policies if they don't even go through with it. Also, they are heavy on employees happiness. The only bad thing is these employees have been held in a pedestal. One call to HR and they get away with everything. Definitely not a company to work for if you are strict, actually hold your employees accountable and not just some definition written on the wall, and if you are a stickler to rules, this company is not for you.

Advice to Management

To district management, listen to your managers for once. It is impossible to have the store look like golden when hours have to get cut, because payroll is affected by sales which by the way is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I pity you guys for slaving away for corporate and have no life whats so ever. For once, walk the talk, and do what you preach.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "A good experience."

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Upland, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Upland, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, good hours, learn people skills, can make friends, learn how to complete tasks.

Cons

Very little recognition, rude employees, constantly being overworked, rude guests, won't be fully trained on everything.

Advice to Management

Respect and recognize the team daily for helping you to make for a clean and fully zoned store.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Cashier in Monticello, MN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Monticello, MN

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High pay, friendly staff

Cons

Managers have different views on policies so you never know how to react in certain situations