Target - Be flexible to roll with a lot of changes and kill them with kindness. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Be flexible to roll with a lot of changes and kill them with kindness."

Current Employee - Starbucks Team Lead in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Starbucks Team Lead in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy all of the training opportunities they offer at Target. Target is big on cross-training their team so the team members can be "global." It's just fancy target lingo for training people so they are easily interchangeable when needed. Part of your development piece as a team lead, you are required to train at a new work center every 14 - 18 months, which opens up a lot of doors. I started as a Guest Service Team Lead and now I am a Starbucks Team Lead, which I love! It's nice that you get to test out the waters with different work centers and challenge yourself in new areas.

Cons

Hours and working weekends & holidays. When the store doesn't make sales goals, the store receives less hours to work with. Then, the whole team suffers. I get it, I work in retail, but I am still and never will be a fan of working weekends & holidays (especially Black Friday). Sure, some holidays are a time and a half pay, but some days, I just want to relax and have some quality time with my family.

Advice to Management

Be more hands on and get involved.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Submit forms at stores kiosk, mini on the spot interview, if pass get a scheduled interview."

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy questionnaire. Based on what would you do questions about quest interactions.

Cons

You can fail the kiosk questions by answering poorly. Then you will not get a follow up interview.

Advice to Management

I like the current hiring system.

"Company is for young adults"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Warrenville, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Warrenville, IL

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the team leaders were nice and I enjoyed assisting the customers.

Cons

Some of the trainers didn't know when they were suppose to train new hires which was awkward. It was obvious after a few days, that more senior team members were frown upon. Workload seemed to increase due to that thinking they could handle more in a short amount of time.

Advice to Management

Allow new hires to be trained in certain areas for more than a few hours before having them work solo. It can be very intimating when you don't know what to do with customers standing there. It felt like being fed to the wolves. At least a week training on the registers would be great. There are many facets to be a cashier.