Target - Cashier | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Cashier"

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member in West Deerfield Beach, FL
Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member in West Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No Brain work., you don't have to take your work home.

Cons

Minimum pay, small raises, micro management

Advice to Management

Appreciate employees more, and recognize strengths for advancements.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Fast, Fun and Friendly!"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Guest Experience/Sales Floor
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Guest Experience/Sales Floor

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Target's mission and goals are truly outstanding. They want their guests to have a shopping experience that is memorable through great service and they try to have a team that will build all their team members to achieve that goal. At the store level, everyday was a challenge and that helped make it fun and exciting. The people I worked with were always at their 100% and constantly wanting to help and be available. The team members that worked for me were excited to be at Target and always kept a smile on.

Cons

The company is not practical in its demands for the team it currently has. The team consistently is stressed with being given too much to do and not enough time or resources to do it. This feeling is evident from the team member all the way up to the store team leader. The answer is simply: "be more productive" and the goals for the ETL is to help team members get there by consistently encouraging them to be excited and that they can reach those goals. Will it be possible? Yes, only if you have the mindset and willpower for it.

Advice to Management

Training is short... 6 weeks to train an ETL who is responsible for running your store and making important decisions is not enough. I went into my new store learning multiple new things everyday before I could even settle down. It was exciting and made time fly but there were times when I went home wondering what I even accomplished because there was so much to do. This was at a store with 3 ETLs and 1 STL.

2. "I loved my internship experience here"

Current Intern - Business Analyst Intern in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Intern - Business Analyst Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is a at a turning point where everyone is embracing change, and working towards the overall success of the company! Work-life balance is awesome, they are very open about working from home and also have a great relaxing space as a part of their headquarters which provides a different scene than a typical office.

Cons

Parking downtown is quite expensive if you do not live downtown. 8$ a day for a lot. That would be my only con that the company does not own a parking ramp for employees.