Target - Target work experience | Glassdoor

"Target work experience"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Van Nuys, CA
Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great for school, or if you need a quick job. They're always hiring, well that's great right?! Why though? Because everyone is always quitting.

You'll probably get the hours you want, you just gotta make sure to reinforce them with your boss.

Cons

The company and bosses overwork you for minimum wage, and expect everything to be done extremely fast. This is all while you're doing customer service and helping others find what they need. You're worked like a horse, and they clock watch you and will tell you what to do immediately before you go to break, or even during the break! Sometimes you gotta wonder what upper management has taught the store leaders and such about how to treat their employees below them.

Advice to Management

Need to realize we're human beings. We need our breaks too, just like anyone else. Teach management a much more friendly appropriate manner of how to instruct their crew.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Alright place to work."

Former Employee - Backroom Team Member
    Former Employee - Backroom Team Member

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

I got compensated for my work. Some of the employees were very nice and supportive.

Cons

Backroom in particular needed improvement. I had to report a few incidences about colleagues unfortunately. I had to resign because this was too frequent. Everyone was always in disagreement.

Advice to Management

1. Listen to the underdogs. Some of the best ideas come from the hourly employees who are on the front lines day to day.
    2. Understand that some of your employees are students who need time to study/sleep and cannot stay until 12 or 1 am.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart, Talented team, great work-life balance, flex work options, great work environment and development opprortunities

Cons

Group-think, lack of debate, consensus decision making, slow-moving

Advice to Management

Really embrace the change you want to have happen, lead differently and embrace diverse and innovative thoughts.