TargetCW - A little biased | Glassdoor

"A little biased"

Current Employee - Executive in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TargetCW is an awesome place to work and live. The people are awesome, the environment is great and everything clicks. Its a very ethical, consistent company that cares about what we do the people that do it.

Cons

Its not good if you work best in a box and like to be "micro managed". Its also not good if you prefer a simple 8 to 5 and are NOT a passionate person. You'll get lost in the shuffle and eventually won't enjoy your job.

Aug 28, 2014 – CEO

You are absolutely correct. We aren't a micro managing company at all. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Other Employee Reviews for TargetCW

"Great Experience Overall!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging, rewarding, and fulfilling are key attributes that have made my experience at TargetCW second to none. I'm given the opportunity everyday to take ownership and make my career exactly what I want it to be. It goes without saying that a successful company depends on its all-star staff, but it really starts with effective leadership. Our CEO has created an atmosphere that feels like family, and no wonder our turn-over rate is next to 0. Our leadership is so in-tuned to the needs of others; they value professional development above most because they understand what it takes to be the best. After years of searching for the perfect fit, TargetCW had the right tools in place to convince me that my career would finally begin here.

Cons

Honestly, not a whole lot to say by way of cons. I'd like to say that being too much like a family would hurt productivity or cross the professional line, but each person knows their responsibilities and how to keep a healthy balance.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to continue putting the your employees high on the priority list, and to continue advocating for professional development.

Aug 28, 2014 – CEO

I hope to always keep my employees on the top of the list when it comes to priorities. Even as we get bigger I hope to always keep our values in alignment. Thank you for your wonderful review.

"Great Overall Culture, Poor Training"

I worked at TargetCW full-time

Pros

Onsite amenities are great! Full gym, shower, sauna, fully stocked kitchen. Visits from Charlie the boxer are great.

Cons

Not all departments are run the same way. Lack of consistency in company culture. Some are very slight of hand in how they work with new employees. Minimal training given, no clear expectations or proper feedback. More concerned with adding a "cog" in the wheel to their system versus identifying unique strengths that can be bought to the table to enhance company. Not looking to create a culture of inclusivity but exclusivity.

Advice to Management

Gain an accurate assessment of entire company from top down to the bottom to know where the company stands and where it is going.

Aug 28, 2014 – CEO

From time to time we do have challenges in hiring and training which is why honest, open interviews are essential. We want win-win relationships with ALL our employees. I'm sorry you had a bad... More