Tate & Lyle - Tate & Lyle Overview | Glassdoor

"Tate & Lyle Overview"

Current Employee - Procurement Manager in Decatur, IL
Current Employee - Procurement Manager in Decatur, IL

I have been working at Tate & Lyle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company now that right-sizing and movement of resources from Decatur to Poland has been completed.

Cons

Decatue is depressing place to work, although cost of living is very very attractive. I would call it a cultural wasteland as the nearest hot spot of intelligencia is 40 miles away in Springfield, Champaign or Bloomington.

Advice to Management

True-up human resource related benefits between the UK and US. There is a strong belief here in the US that UK employees are better compensated and have much better PTO policies and we in the US have to pick up the slack.

Other Employee Reviews for Tate & Lyle

"Enjoyed working at T&L...most of the time. Love/Hate relationship."

Former Employee - E/I Technician in Loudon, TN
    Former Employee - E/I Technician in Loudon, TN

I worked at Tate & Lyle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady and stable employment. Plenty of overtime. Opportunities for advancement. Gym on premises. Company perks...discount tickets for local attractions, quarterly safety incentives$$, company match 401K, Health/dental/vision/life insurance. Overall a very good place to work!

Cons

Must put the company first and family second! Ridiculous rules, but not really different than any other industrial plant. Awkward shift schedule. Have to deal with some unfriendly, unhappy people. Hot, dirty, sticky, dusty working conditions. Pay is slightly less than other plants in the area.

Advice to Management

Do more than pay lip service to employees about concern for family. Recognize and reward talent. Replace incompetent team management.

"Just an OK position"

Current Employee - Process Technician in Decatur, IL
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Decatur, IL

I have been working at Tate & Lyle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was good for the cost of living in the area but overall for the amount of hours that I invested it was a difficult job for my level of education.

Cons

The particular people that I worked with really did not care about the job they did. There was no way to move up. If I was hired before the economy tanked I would have been an engineer instead of a process tech. Therefore, I had more education in my field than my boss did, but got paid less to do more. I made a significant contribution to the company that tripled profits but I was never recognized.