Tate & Lyle - Good Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Process/Project Engineer in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Tate & Lyle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Good people to work with. People generally care about the company and doing what's best. - Very strong core business that consistently turns a profit, so job security is strong. - Lots of exposure to different processes and unit operations allows young engineers a well rounded experience and knowledge base. - A career progression ladder has been developed for engineers that shows paths in both technical and leadership paths.

Cons

- Concerned about where the company is heading. We keep selling off the business, but aren't adding anything of significance to replace. We recently chose to close a plant rather than lower our price to compete with Chinese. Recent SAP upgrade has resulted in more busy work for employees and less time to spend actually doing our jobs. - When unrealistic profits are not achieved, blame and pain is placed on the wrong groups to cut budgets and work harder.

Advice to Management

- Take a few risks. We can't continue to be this conservative and expect to remain competitive. - Submit realistic profit forecasts, so we can met expectations and not disappoint investors.

Tate & Lyle2015-06-29
  1. "Challenges that nurture !"

Current Intern - Continuous Improvement Engineer in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Tate & Lyle for less than a year

Pros

A great and friendly place with lots of learning opportunities and challenges that brings the best of you.

Cons

Inter-department functioning not the best

Tate & Lyle2019-12-04

"OK company with potential - but a huge base of HFCS/Corn Syrup"

Former Employee - Vice President in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Tate & Lyle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

depreciated corn milling assets - as long as customers are close to either midwest or a regional hub, very cost competitive.

Cons

Innovation is more about copying Ingredion. ADM and Cargill are also lower cost on commodity side.

Advice to Management

Do not tri-locate the business - get the leadership all together in Hoffman Estates. London, Decatur, Chicago all pull to run the commercial.

Tate & Lyle2020-01-07

Discover more reviews about Tate & Lyle.