Taulia - Exciting, fun, dedicated | Glassdoor

"Exciting, fun, dedicated"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyday is a new learning experience.
One of the best reasons to work here is the people, everyone here is dedicated and united on their goal to succeed as a team.
Opportunity to learn and work on new and exciting topics.
Very powerful Product idea and an immense scope to improve in various directions.
Working with some of the smartest people. People with the amount of experience and credibility coming together is not very common.
Working with more and more new technologies.
So many existing customers and the list keeps growing very fast.

Awesome new office in Downtown San Francisco next to Union Square.
Game room, beautiful patio, catered lunches... on and on.

Cons

There are two GoKarts in the office and yet NO ramps to jump off of !!! :P

The only negative which i guess is subjective or dependent on an individual, is that its a very fast growing and changing environment where each individual contributes, is ready for almost anything. Some people would say its very opposite to a slow moving big corporation. Some folks like it (like me), some dont.

Advice to Management

Every organization has its ups and downs in various areas, for a startup issues are different. I believe its unfair to nitpick on temporary issues. We understand, we learn, we grow, crush the problems and push forward. The management has been very proactive around this area and advise is to not ignore that as the company grows. Its because everyone is listened to, that everyone is dedicated as they are.

Most important suggestion is to make sure this unique culture stays more or less the same as the company grows.

Other Employee Reviews for Taulia

"A fun and rewarding place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Advancement Opportunities
    Easy Going and Fun Atmosphere
    Great Health Plan
    Senior Management Very Accessible
    Three Weeks Vacation in the first Year!!!
    Four Weeks Vacation in the second Year!!!
    Five Weeks Vacation in the third Year!!!

Cons

If you aren't use to working at a small company, this might not be the one for you, but it is quickly growing.

Advice to Management

To any management of a company I always say to make sure the employees feel important and valued. During my time there, I feel you did a great job at this, just don't forget to continue doing this during your growth!

"Sucked dry and cast aside"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

A "young" company trying new technologies, with money and business coming in to fund it.
    International group, if you like to work with Europeans, especially Germans.

Cons

Inexperienced management who don't know how to manage people and don't care to do so.

They subscribe to the "startup mantra" of hire quickly, fire quickly. This means that you can be working long hours, hustling to get things done, putting your heart into the place, only to find that without any feedback or discussion of there being a problem, they have laid you off. Some people like that flexibility--I find it demoralizing and unsavory.

Some of the management doesn't know how to delegate.

Advice to Management

Devise some more formal and regular way of measuring employee progress and communicating it. Look into real employee development instead of just treating them like black boxes that produce labor.