Taunton Press - Ambitious Family-owned publisher with an interesting business niche | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Taunton Press

"Ambitious Family-owned publisher with an interesting business niche"

Pros

Work/life balance is very good with normal hours, on-site restaurant and cool learning opportunities (classes in woodworking, cooking, marketing etc.). They pay well enough for the area. Taunton is doing decently in a tough industry/economy and, while not a household name, is respected in the publishing world for high quality products.

Cons

Not really in the NYC/lower faifield county orbit. Small company with many long-term employees makes for a close environment (maybe that's a plus for some?).

Other Employee Reviews for Taunton Press

1. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Fulfillment in Middlebury, CT
    Current Employee - Fulfillment in Middlebury, CT

I have been working at Taunton Press (More than 8 years)

Pros

very flexible with the hours you can work, if you need to leave for a family event, they are very understanding. friendly and fun co-workers.

Cons

no raises in several years, employees have worked for the company for twenty years and should be rewarded for their long service and sacrifices they have made. Medical benefits cost is high, this needs to be looked at especially if you are a single parent

Advice to Management

please make more career opportunities for your current employees, they love to work there and have stuck with the company through good and bad times. give them the opportunities they deserve for all the sacrifices they have made.

Taunton Press Response

Jun 8, 2017 – Taunton Press

First we would like to apologize for our delayed response. We appreciate your feedback and want you to know that we agree that our employees are some of the most loyal around. As we continue ... More

"Unprofessional in so many ways."

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Taunton Press full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are very few Pros with this company. The family seems to feel they have hired an ace team to run and hopefully save this company. Free parking is a plus.

Cons

As said above, the ace team has made it very clear that they are the upper echelon and the bottom feeders better jump or get laid off. It's apparent that if a person is there more than 10 years, you are considered baggage and will be gone once they have picked your brain and drained you dry.
    There have been no raises or bonuses for years. Except if you are in the higher echelon bunch. It's appalling that the family is onboard with this practice.

Advice to Management

Try being human.

Taunton Press Response

Jun 8, 2017 – Taunton Press

Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings. As an employee with more than 8 years at Taunton, you have seen first-hand the changes to our industry. As we’ve leaned on the expertise of our ... More