KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great future outlook, great team. Still the Best Company to work for in my entire career

Jun 16, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Woburn, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in the IT industry for 20 years now and worked for a wide variety of companies, I'm now 3 years in and I've never been happier then at TaxJar. I've also actively recruited former teammates to join TaxJar. None have been disappointed once hired. We've recently been acquired by Stripe and I have nothing but good things to say about how it was handled and how much the leadership team put the needs of all employees first.

Cons

There's some uncertainty certainly now and a general big influx of change as we both move past hopefully the worst of COVID and integrate into Stripe. Pace of hiring could be better as some teams are having a hard time keeping up.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

AutoFile Team

Mar 2, 2022 - AutoFile Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Work/life balance -No Micromanaging -Friendly and Engaging environment -Amazing People

Cons

-Extra Hours -Large loads of filing intake

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee

RUN! Toxic, inexperienced patriarchy CULT disguised under superficial "diversity"

Jun 1, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing - not even worth the remote part, due to the toxic environment.

Cons

Easily, the worst company I've ever worked for. CEO/Founder Mark: born with money and was used to selling companies before actually having to do the hard work to keep them alive, and it shows. Very egotistical and inexperienced. I once saw Mark, fume, pace back and forth, and go off on a company zoom call, when a woman publicly questioned his motives. Since Stripe took over, still waiting for them to realize that they need to clean house of the bad C-level management that continues to plague the system. In the past, the CEO has publicly lamented how he's not gotten recognition/awards for his company being a remote company. ??? There are literally thousands of other remote companies, and this one is not a leader by any stretch of the imagination, nor is he out there calling out other companies/leaders for their resistance to go remote, like real leaders are doing on LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media platforms. If the goal is to get accolades, maybe deserve it, instead of doing things like pay money to "nominate" the company for an obscure, meaningless, paid award, or give incentives to customers to submit positive reviews, or incentives to employees to drown out bad company reviews on Glassdoor. Literally, everything here is fake with the goal of selling the company, which they finally achieved. Anyone with any type of intelligence and previous experience quickly realized the mistake they made joining the company and they either left, or were forced out by insecure management, who had no issue blatantly lying about people to get them out. And the CPO (People Operations) knew about it and let it happen. Everyone knows who the managers are, who have stolen ideas and feedback from others below them, and used it to promote themselves. Everyone is aware of the promotion of white males, with no experience, being promoted over others without a job posting. Eventually, the news gets around, by those who remain, who are miserable in their jobs, but feel trapped, and are just waiting to see if either Stripe will fix things, or for their opportunity to leave. Time will tell. In the meantime, they have to watch their back from the undeserving management, the incompetent, sycophant backstabbers, who remain.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about TaxJar.

TaxJar Photos