Taylor Global - Fun Agency! On the rise again. | Glassdoor

"Fun Agency! On the rise again."

Former Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I worked at Taylor Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Taylor for over two years, and hands down was one of my most rewarding agency experiences. You may look at the reviews and get nervous, but honestly Taylor is one of those places where you get in what you put out. Nothing will be handed to you. So yes, if you're lazy stay away. However if you're not afraid of hard work and enjoy fun work perks and working on some of the top consumer clients in the... industry, then this is a place you can thrive. The culture is great! The people here are super friendly and welcoming and are a lot less "clique-ish" than what you will find at some of the other agencies. Upper management was supportive of my growth and allowed me a lot of opportunities to explore a huge passion of mine -- Sports + PR! I've worked at a handful of agencies, and Taylor is one that truly felt like a family compared to others.

Cons

With any agency, sometimes the hours can be long and there was constant change, so at times it seems its unstable. However, the PR industry is very up and down so that's to be expected. When it comes to diversity, there is definitely more work to be done but appreciate that they recognize that and are starting to do the real work to make a difference.

Advice to Management

Continue valuing and rewarding hard work! Make sure that it trickles down to the junior employees so that they also feel valued.

Taylor Global2018-12-16

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Taylor Global

Pros

Great work experience. Great people!

Cons

No cons. It is a great work environment to work in

Taylor Global2018-05-22

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Senior Account Leader in New York, NY

I worked at Taylor Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you absolutely need something to pad your resume and you are absolutely desperate this could be an option, but I would still tread very lightly.

Cons

How does the old saying go? Fool me once, shame on you...... I had the opportunity to work at Taylor many years ago when they first began their rebrand to Taylor Strategy. At the time, there we some significant cultural issues...mostly the place felt like an frat house with a bunch of tryhard overgrown teenage boys past their prime. The few sensible execs swore up and down that once they were able to rebrand and... shed the old ways of Alan Taylor (the firm used to be called Alan Taylor PR), the rough and tumble publicist who got his start representing boxers, things would dramatically change. I got a better offer and left before the rebrand. Flash foward a decade later and I'm lured back in only to find things have gotten WORSE. In the age of #metoo, I don't understand how the agency and its narcissitic executive team who employ strategies that hail from the prehistoric age don't have a huge lawsuit looming. I don't understand how the few remaining clients are still hoodwinked by the dated sizzle reels the agency churns out as proof of their "work" when little no work has been done on their behalf -- and there's certainly no strategy as they try to suggest with their name. Bottom line this place is a joke, run by a bunch of jerks. I feel terribly for the young naive and impressionable employees they lure in. Yes, you have to earn your dues in this industry but not the way Taylor treats its people.

Taylor Global2019-09-23

Discover more reviews about Taylor Global.