Teach for America - Fantastic, Life Changing Development | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Teach for America

"Fantastic, Life Changing Development"

Current Employee - 2011 Corps Member
Current Employee - 2011 Corps Member

I have been working at Teach for America full-time

Pros

You will be pushed like you've never been pushed before. You'll grow more than you can imagine and you'll meet the best people in the world.

Cons

It is extraordinarily difficult work. Albeit rewarding.

Other Employee Reviews for Teach for America

1. "Teach for America"

Current Employee - Corps Member
    Current Employee - Corps Member

Pros

Great mission. Support a good cause.

Cons

It consumes your entire life and the staff is not as supportive as they suggest they will be.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding of what the CM's are going through and strive to put them before your other duties.

"Working To Get It Right"

Former Employee - Program Team
    Former Employee - Program Team

Pros

I truly believe in what TFA does, and know that with the right people we can eventually eliminate educational inequity. The students we work with are AMAZING, and our teachers are going to work tremendously hard to see that they get what they deserve.
    We are constantly completing reviews and evaluations, and the organization goes to great lengths to understand the feedback they receive, and to continue to improve on an individual and on a group level.

Cons

TFA is trying to do something that has never been done, successfully, before. Therefore, there we are constantly changing and evolving. This is necessary, and it's great that the organization is constantly working to "get it right", but this is also exhausting.

Advice to Management

Still love the idea of a 3 year option for CMs with additional benefits for CMs. Also, many Program Directors make less than some of the teachers they are managing (particularly those in charter schools and higher paying districts). Finally, there should be incentives to get PDs to stay for more than one year.