TeamHealth - Everyone that works here calls it Team Hell for a reason. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TeamHealth

"Everyone that works here calls it Team Hell for a reason."

Current Employee - Spreadsheet Wizard
Current Employee - Spreadsheet Wizard

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you love working in a stale, moderate toned, stadium sized sea of cubicles that seconds as a meat grinder for the human soul, then you'll absolutely LOVE working at Team Health!

Cons

The wages are awful and the health insurance and other benefits aren't any better. For a primary healthcare billing center that deals with hundreds of mainstream health insurance companies you would think the benefits would be awesome and dirt cheap, but they aren't. You have to kill yourself to get a pay increase even though the company is profiting hand over fist right now. Our productivity in our billing center is though the roof, but they won't hire any new help to keep the workflow going. They expect everything and give nothing in return except low wages, excuses, and stress.

As well, like a lot of modern corporations, they rely to much on "Senior knowledge" rather than the real computer guru's, techs, and college grads with actual business degrees that know the software and how to utilize technology to be more productive. It is in one ear and out the other with management and the Luddites that only keep their jobs due to cronyism and nepotism. Also, like a lot of modern office spaces, it is just a realm of empty promises and emptier chest cavities where hearts used to be. They hire you, you take it desperately seeking employment, they see you doing well, the blow smoke up your ass a little while, and then "BAM!" they expect you to be their contingency plan when the idea's they had fall apart.
If I had a dime for every time I said, "I told you so", to some senior staffer I'd probably own the place by now. That, and the management, if it exists, doesn't listen or keep an eye on anything. Even though the place is booming profit wise right now, it comes at the cost of a workforce that is slowly waking up to the fact that this place is an utter grind-house and that there are much better opportunities elsewhere.

How they've made it so far with the people that run the place now is a mystery to me. Half of them don't know Excel past an hour long 101 course, they harp about productivity and doing more work even though the workload has increased over 60% in the two and half years I've been employed there, and the minimum standard keeps rising month over month with no compensation or additional help to go with it. It is insane, and they are literally at the cusp of digging their own corporate grave if this trend continues. What used to be a comfy full time job when I started is now a daily workload hell that gets worse every month. No matter how many times I bring up the data and facts at meetings, nobody is willing to listen! The fact is that you can only push your staff for so long, and for so hard, before they start dropping like flies.

Advice to Management

Come out of your damned offices and see what is happening out on the processing floor of the billing center from time to time. Instead of spending all your time counting the money, it might be nice to see that people are killing themselves to make all that money.

Other Employee Reviews for TeamHealth

"Negative"

Pros

Fast-paced environment; it's a job

Cons

Tricky to learn how to advance; very low pay

"This company is all false promises of support and structure."

Former Employee - Facility Medical Director
    Former Employee - Facility Medical Director

I worked at TeamHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Large company with national "support"
    - The best advantage to working with them is likely the risk management resources aimed at helping their physician clients
    - Malpractice coverage, CME reimbursement, lots of job openings and opportunity for advancement

Cons

- Poor communication, they try to make up quality communication with quantity of emails and forced leader rounding but rarely have communication that is not redundant or misinformation. With constant changing infrastructure it is nearly impossible to have a go-to contact person for any specific area (support staff, human resources, recruiting).
    - Very poor recruitment and use of sister company (D&Y) for locums support. The work ethic and attitude was less than expected. Their ability to expedite the application and credentialing process was surprisingly non-existent.
    - Very "ER-centric". Despite the company promoting a combined service line approach to their marketing and sales pitch. In my opinion, the goal for improving patient care and effective utilization of services took a "back seat" to focusing on revenue.
    - Benefits are not attractive.
    - Non-sustainable growth. They focus on getting contracts and buying up smaller companies, but do very little to sustain the satisfaction of their current employees and only superficially seem to care about maintaining their hospital clients' satisfaction. Those who are willing to work, seem to get worked into the ground.

The actions of this company do not reflect their vision or mission statement, at least in my experience.

Advice to Management

See above. Do an exit interview on employees and use that information moving foward.