TeamPeople - Great at first, then they lost site of me. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TeamPeople

"Great at first, then they lost site of me."

Current Employee - Producer
Current Employee - Producer

Pros

They find some good work for you with interesting clients. They provide fast payment for you as long as you invoice in timely manner..

Cons

They seem to forget about you after some time of working freelance for them. Sometimes let small things slip through the cracks.

Advice to Management

You should always be checking in on you freelancers, they do bring in your salary and they are not disposable.

Other Employee Reviews for TeamPeople

1. "A great experience with professionals"

Current Employee - Audiovisual Producer and Technical Consultant Internationally in Boulder, CO

Pros

I was approached by Teampeople, who found my resume and skill sets through LinkedIn. A government position opened up that matched my skill sets and specialities near where I live, and so I was contacted by a representative of teampeople. Yolanda, who was a thorough professional, who asked all the right questions, and was able to find a connection between my experience and skill sets and the needs of the company that was looking for me. She made introductions, negotiated my contract, stayed in constant contact, was always accessible and thorough, and made the experience really simple, direct, and pleasurable. I have been freelance for over 35 years and this experience, working with teampeople has really opened my eyes about the possibility of being represented by an external agency. I thoroughly respect the way the system is run, and look forward to doing more business with them.

Cons

I have only been working with this company for the last six weeks and on this one particular project, but I can say that I have not experienced anything that would indicate to me that I would not want to continue.

Advice to Management

Give Yolanda a raise because she represents your company in the best possible way.

2. "A staffing company that views freelancers as expendable."

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Washington, DC
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Washington, DC

Pros

TeamPeople has their foot in a lot of media businesses in the DC area, so their job board is pretty robust. The pay rate for freelancers can be great at some of the larger companies they do business with. Not all of their freelancers are professional or skilled at their jobs, so doing a halfway decent job at your placement should garner favor with businesses that have had a revolving door of mediocre talent from Team.

Cons

Let's just say, I've seen them do some 'very creative' accounting at TeamPeople. When I worked for them, I regularly got paid a few dollars each period for loaning equipment to a business I did a gig with, when in reality I did no such thing. I should have only gotten paid for services rendered, not equipment. I suspected they got a more favorable tax rate for charging their freelancers for equipment than for outright paying them for labor. Very sketchy, and I suspect they knew exactly what they were doing despite the accountant's assurances of it being 'a mistake'.

Very little opportunity to move around different businesses with Team. If your placement is at X location, good luck getting them to consider you for any other place. There's a huge pay disparity between placements, some places don't pay nearly as well as others. And if you're stuck in a really low paying gig because Team refuses to consider move you, you won't see a pay increase. Make no mistake, TeamPeople is first and foremost beholden to the management of the businesses that contract out with them, not to the people actually doing any of the work.