Teavana - Great place to start a career and move up quickly. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

"Great place to start a career and move up quickly."

Former Employee - Manager In Training
Former Employee - Manager In Training

I worked at Teavana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move up if you work hard and implement their sales process. I believe this is a great place to start your career, move up, get experience and then move on. If you are a strong sales person expect to work every weekend. There is a lot of pressure to meet/exceed sales goal which is not necessarily a bad thing because you gain a lot of sales knowledge if that's what you're looking for. The management training program in Atlanta, Georgia was excellent when Blaga was in charge (not sure what it's like now but I'm sure it's still good).

Cons

Can often work for incompetent and unprofessional managers. Many managers are young and with no previous management experience. To bring in customers, everyone must sample which got old after about a year or so. Sometimes need to be very pushy and almost deceptive to be a very successful sales person at this company.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed the recognition in the "tea scoop" and daily "top 50" list. I have heard that this has stopped and I think it was more valuable in motivating and inspiring us that you can imagine.

Other Employee Reviews for Teavana

1. "Very Fast Paced! Many opportunities to grow!"

Former Employee - Team Member in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Natick, MA

I worked at Teavana part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The enviroment is fast paced so you learn alot and they want you to move up!

Cons

The management was not understanding of my work schedule and would schedule me when I told them I could only work a certain amount of hours.

Advice to Management

You need to have your managers understand that some employees cannot work certain hours or over a certain amount! A lot of the employees are college students!

2. "High turnover, tons of pressure"

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Teavana part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free cups of tea during shifts, 40% discount, and if you can put up with the job you can move up in the company pretty quickly.

Cons

My store opened a couple months ago and since then we've lost 10 employees and there are grumblings that a few others might leave. There is a TON of pressure to make sales, if ou don't, you don't get shifts. Some of my coworkers work one day very other week.

They make their bonus system sound amazing but it's very difficult to achieve. Employees at my store are expected to make $90/ hr and $145/hr during Christmas. Which is pretty difficult when you work weekday mornings and others only work weekends when it's busy and easy to make money. Their zoning system is pretty awful, too. Management usually schedules themselves to work the tea counter durning the weekends and that's where the money is made. It's bull. If I didn't need this job I'd have quit already.

Advice to Management

Let others work tea counter during zoning times and take into account whether people are working weekdays or weekends when determining hourly sales goals AND dont count the hour it takes to close the store against the hourly sales goal! There's no possible way to make money when the store is closed so we should be expected to.