Teavana - Very Fast Paced! Many opportunities to grow! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

"Very Fast Paced! Many opportunities to grow!"

Former Employee - Team Member in Natick, MA
Former Employee - Team Member in Natick, MA

I worked at Teavana part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The enviroment is fast paced so you learn alot and they want you to move up!

Cons

The management was not understanding of my work schedule and would schedule me when I told them I could only work a certain amount of hours.

Advice to Management

You need to have your managers understand that some employees cannot work certain hours or over a certain amount! A lot of the employees are college students!

Other Employee Reviews for Teavana

1. "High turnover, tons of pressure"

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Teavana part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free cups of tea during shifts, 40% discount, and if you can put up with the job you can move up in the company pretty quickly.

Cons

My store opened a couple months ago and since then we've lost 10 employees and there are grumblings that a few others might leave. There is a TON of pressure to make sales, if ou don't, you don't get shifts. Some of my coworkers work one day very other week.

They make their bonus system sound amazing but it's very difficult to achieve. Employees at my store are expected to make $90/ hr and $145/hr during Christmas. Which is pretty difficult when you work weekday mornings and others only work weekends when it's busy and easy to make money. Their zoning system is pretty awful, too. Management usually schedules themselves to work the tea counter durning the weekends and that's where the money is made. It's bull. If I didn't need this job I'd have quit already.

Advice to Management

Let others work tea counter during zoning times and take into account whether people are working weekdays or weekends when determining hourly sales goals AND dont count the hour it takes to close the store against the hourly sales goal! There's no possible way to make money when the store is closed so we should be expected to.

2. "Friendly but also great oriented enviroment"

I have been working at Teavana part-time

Pros

co-workers are really kind and they help train you, and give some insight and such by telling you their pasts in the company.

Cons

none that i can think really