Teavana - Loved for years, hate towards the End | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

"Loved for years, hate towards the End"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Teavana part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked there for two and a half years, and for my first two years, it was a wonderful experience and company. They train you well, and it's a fun, fast paced environment. It's not for the faint of heart though, because it is competitive and they expect you to make certain sales goals, though if you work hard and follow their process, it isn't very difficult. It's also incredibly easy to move up in the company if you work hard. You also get free cups of tea and discounts at there and Starbucks. My first few years I was fortunate enough to have really fantastic managers and area mangers who helped shape this experience into a positive one.

Cons

When you get a bad area manager or manager, you're going to have a bad time. Especially when one is so focused on the bottom line, and when things start going tough, yell instead of trying to help or offer solutions. That is the main reason why I am leaving the company, is because a bad area manager has left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Plus sampling can be a drag if you make it.

Advice to Management

If you set high goals, make sure you aid us in helping to achieve them and continue to make it a fun work environment. I know from years there, happy employees make more money.

Other Employee Reviews for Teavana

1. "Great product...but staffing issues"

Pros

Great benefits. Awesome products. Promote from within.

Cons

Poor management at times. Lack of communication.

Advice to Management

Communication and management training

2. "Good luck..."

Current Employee - Shift Lead
    Current Employee - Shift Lead

I have been working at Teavana part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get free tea and coffee from Teavana and Starbucks. You also get paid every Friday.

Cons

You only get bonuses if you sell at $60/hr on average. If you don't, you have your hours cut and eventually fired. Upper managers in the store will pull you from the sales floor and steal your customers so that you don't get the sale.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the bonus system, or make it for the entire store based on store's performance. I've seen too many good employees get fired for not getting high enough sales when it is not their fault.