Teavana - Tea is great..having to push people to buy it...not so great | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

"Tea is great..having to push people to buy it...not so great"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bonita Springs, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bonita Springs, FL

I worked at Teavana part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love free tea throughout the day, best perk of the job is the discount!

Cons

Having to compete for sales and feeling forced to push customers into buying excessive amounts of product

Advice to Management

Don't hire so many people!

Other Employee Reviews for Teavana

"Upper level management needs to wake up and pay attention."

Current Employee - Barista
    Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Teavana part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people the tea, the discounts at both Teavana and Starbucks, and the upwards mobility if you make them money.

Cons

Baristas are underappreciated, hard work is all but ignored unless it directly results in profit, the pressure to sell scares away not only customers but quality employees as well

Advice to Management

Reward hard work, allow upward mobility and pay raises to baristas and those who are better suited to work behind the scenes, I have been working for over a year at $8/hr (when I was told baristas are supposed to START at $8.50 because they are not eligible for bonuses) and management refuses to give me a raise despite my hard work, loyalty, knowledge and genuine passion for the products. FOCUS ON SELLING MANY INDIVIDUAL DRINKS INSTEAD OF A FEW LARGE TICKET ITEMS. Modern Americans want ease and convenience and the profit margin on individual drinks is huge and customers will come back and back and back until they get hooked and comfortable enough to buy the large ticket items. This is common sense and I have spoken with countless customers who further support this.

2. "Great company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Teavana part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Owned by Starbucks, provides great health benefits even for part time employees. Company is rapidly expanding so there are a lot of opportunities for moving up.

Cons

How many hours you work are based on your sales performance and you are on commission so if you are uncomfortable with sales, you may want to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to still get commission even if you don't make your goal