Teavana - Mixed at best | Glassdoor

"Mixed at best"

Former Employee - Team Leader of Operations in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Team Leader of Operations in Seattle, WA

I worked at Teavana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generally good discount, interesting work environment, and great upper management.

Cons

Profit margin on most items is over 95%+, and if you're aware of that fact you're starting to realise how low the company is putting back into you. Middle management (DM to regional) is absolutely feral.

Other Employee Reviews for Teavana

1. "Great Perks, But you must be comfortable Sell, SELL, SELLING!"

Former Employee - Team Member
    Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Teavana part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All you can drink free, delicious tea. The training process is fun and you learn a lot about the World and Culture of Tea. It can be very fascinating.

Cons

It's less "How can I help You," and more of "What can I talk you into buying. I felt pushy and uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Please allow some leeway in the Selling Script. It feels forced and unnatural

"Upper level management needs to wake up and pay attention."

Current Employee - Barista
    Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Teavana part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people the tea, the discounts at both Teavana and Starbucks, and the upwards mobility if you make them money.

Cons

Baristas are underappreciated, hard work is all but ignored unless it directly results in profit, the pressure to sell scares away not only customers but quality employees as well

Advice to Management

Reward hard work, allow upward mobility and pay raises to baristas and those who are better suited to work behind the scenes, I have been working for over a year at $8/hr (when I was told baristas are supposed to START at $8.50 because they are not eligible for bonuses) and management refuses to give me a raise despite my hard work, loyalty, knowledge and genuine passion for the products. FOCUS ON SELLING MANY INDIVIDUAL DRINKS INSTEAD OF A FEW LARGE TICKET ITEMS. Modern Americans want ease and convenience and the profit margin on individual drinks is huge and customers will come back and back and back until they get hooked and comfortable enough to buy the large ticket items. This is common sense and I have spoken with countless customers who further support this.