Teavana - All about the sales | Glassdoor

"All about the sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Teaologist
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Teaologist

I have been working at Teavana part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free tea at work, discount at Starbucks, amazing coworkers, you get to know the regulars, making tea as well as selling it, small bonus if you meet your monthly goal.

Cons

If you don't sell well, you don't get hours. Period. You have to be so pushy when selling. And the dreaded sample cart. You have to stand there and give people free samples for a lot of the shift and it gets very tiring.

Advice to Management

Now that Starbucks has taken over, it has gotten better. Keep improving.

Other Employee Reviews for Teavana

1. "Headache, Heartache, and nothing to show for it."

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Teaologist
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Teaologist

I worked at Teavana part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free beverages, good discount on teavana and starbucks products.

Cons

Management sucks. They will put anyone in charge of the store. The sales process is deceitful, and I was continually told to be dishonest with customers. My GM had me working off the clock as punishment for making a mistake on the job under threat of losing my employment, including having me drive 80 miles out of my way to pick up product from other stores. Claimed she would pay me for one hour of work, when she had me working on my day off doing something she didn't want to take care of. Took me to the back one day and screamed at me for making a mistake, when she has never completed my training process. I was promised 3 weeks of training, I got less than one. Once I got fed up, I went to my DM who, in compliance with corporate, compensated me the missing hours to avoid a lawsuit. The GM who did this was not disciplined.

I know experience varies from store to store, but would never recommend this company to ANYONE. Not worth the headache. The 2% commission is NOT worth it.

Advice to Management

Get rid of commission. Raise the hourly wages. Stop hiring corrupt, inept managers.

2. "I don't get why people rag on this place."

Current Employee - Barista/Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Barista/Sales Associate

I have been working at Teavana part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NOT a commission sales job, great benefits, free drinks whenever you want, you get A LOT of training: more training than i've ever seen anywhere else, selling is very routine and easy and doesn't require much creativity or tact, it's a fun job if you're a people person, management is very friendly and easy going (personal experience only)

Cons

closing is hard to do within the allotted time for it and it get's sticky and wet, you kind of have to compete against coworkers for customers and that's hard when you're working with someone who's been there years and years, sampling is annoying and slightly boring and tedious.

Advice to Management

advertise Teavana more, many people still don't know who we are or what we do. i didn't before i applied so it surprised me that we're owned by starbucks.