KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

note to self: Observe and accept your privilege. Invest in your employees.

Aug 6, 2019 - Instructional Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who are attracted to TechChange are nothing short of idealistic, educated young people, and my experience working with them was wonderful, to the extent that they were supportive, creative, empathetic, and hard-working (despite being ill-compensated and undervalued. And, lied to.)

Cons

TechChange did not value any ideas contrary to management's cemented conception of success. Clear-cut, fact-based strategies were ignored and employees fired after offering constructive-criticism. This org exists in a decently competitive market where the CO's ideas could honestly flourish if properly implemented and time invested. I believe TechChange had a competitive edge based on the fact that good, smart, and energetic people applied to work there, from various backgrounds. However I found the hiring environment to be extremely elitist and I suspected preferential treatment for a particular alma mater. Managers were not honest, made promises to employees which were not kept, and falsely promoted a "social good" agenda when really, the patriarchy in the air stank, and those leading your teams were hardly compensated for their energies.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Technical Moderator

Jun 23, 2021 - Technical Moderator
    Business Outlook

Pros

choose your own flexible schedule

Cons

it is very fast paced

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Community-oriented work culture

Jun 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Community-oriented and collaborative culture

Cons

- Understaffed, consistently at or over capacity

Be the first to find this review helpful

TechChange Response

We greatly appreciate your feedback. So happy to hear that you enjoy the community-oriented, collaborative culture here at TechChange. We are committed to keeping work/life balance front and center as we move forward and are excited to continue to grow the TechChange team to support all of the amazing growth we are experiencing as a company. Thank you for your patience with this process. Your hard work and dedication are so appreciated.

Discover more reviews about TechChange.