TechSmith - Great company, great co-workers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TechSmith

"Great company, great co-workers"

Former Intern - User Experience Research Intern in Okemos, MI
Former Intern - User Experience Research Intern in Okemos, MI

I worked at TechSmith as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Was a great place to work! Everyone is really nice. Free food on Fridays, a bit of a start-up feel where if you have a great idea, there will be people to listen to it and take it into consideration. Great place where you will get acknowledged when you go above and beyond effort-wise. Products and customers are great.

Cons

Location isn't the greatest - although there are a variety of restaurants nearby, I would not want to live in this area.

Other Employee Reviews for TechSmith

"Great place for an internship"

Former Employee - Sales Intern in Okemos, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Intern in Okemos, MI

I worked at TechSmith part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really liked working here. Everyone is EXTREMELY nice and helpful. This company really cares about their employees and the employees really care about their customers. Sometimes it got a little boring but overall it was a great experience. Loved it!

Cons

They waited until the last minute to tell me they weren't going to extend my internship. I felt they could've gave me a bit more notice. Other than that it was fine.

2. "Best Internship you can get in Lansing, MI"

Former Intern - Social Media Intern in Okemos, MI
    Former Intern - Social Media Intern in Okemos, MI

I worked at TechSmith as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

TechSmith offers you amazing opportunities to gain insight into the software, late startup world. They have an amazing culture of innovation, and it is a lot of fun to be around. TechSmithies are some of the drop down best people in the entire world.

Its amazing how much time they spend focused on innovating their core, and brainstorming new ways to be successful and stay nimble.

Cons

TechSmith lets you operate a little below your capacity. Unless you really apply yourself to learn new skills, or to contribute to their core then you can find yourself bored.

They are nearly 20 years old now, and so have lost a bit of the inventiveness to bureaucracy and red tape.

Advice to Management

remove some of the roadblocks to innovation, and bureaucracy. You aren't a speedboat anymore - but at least pretend to be.