TechSoup - I love working for TechSoup Global, amazing people, amazing mission, amazing benefits! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TechSoup

"I love working for TechSoup Global, amazing people, amazing mission, amazing benefits!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

Pros

At TSG it is all about the people! Our big diverse group is making a global difference, adding great value to what other nonprofits are doing!!! Even on a bad day, and we all have them, I go home knowing I am doing good works on a global scale!
I am super lucky to work here and thank my lucky stars!!!
Check us out at www.techsoupglobal.org!

Cons

As a global technology nonprofit in the Bay Area it is hard to compete against the for profit salaries and find the kind of tech savvy talent we need.
Thank goodness for our work/life balance and benefit package which makes up the difference!

Advice to Management

Our org chart is very very complex and it is very challenging for our new hires to understand who to go to for what? Thankfully we are great at welcoming people on board and have so many talented folks who have worked here for many, many years to offer help and guidance!

Other Employee Reviews for TechSoup

"Company formerly known as Compumentor offers no mentorship, and promotes the lackeys"

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA

Pros

If you want a job with low expectation and weak deliverables, it is a pretty cush spot. Benefits are good. Culture and many people are good too.

Cons

The wages are an embarrassment for a $20m company that doesn't pay taxes. Your lip service is insulting. Stop BS-ing people. Just say 'no' when the answer is no. A reason would be nice. A can-do attitude would be better.

Advice to Management

You have too many directors. Stop promoting people who always agree with you. Offer career paths, mentorship, and better education reimbursement plans for dedicated employees who want to become more valuable to the company!

2. "Inspiring Work, not much room for vertical movement"

I have been working at TechSoup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Great work and mission, and truly creating incredible change in the world
    * Amazing people and fantastic work/life balance
    * Always growing and innovating (albeit slower than you would find at a for-profit) and has incredible reach and influence
    * If you work hard, there is some opportunity to move horizontally within the organization and find a range of experience

Cons

* No room for vertical advancement in the company unless you "make your own position"
    * Lack of professional development and many managers are not "people managers"

Advice to Management

Take the time to really invest in your employees' professional development and provide opportunities for growth within the organization. While growth is important, take care not to sacrifice the *actual* needs of nonprofits to financial demands or needs of other external stakeholders.