Technipower - Anonymous | Glassdoor

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roswell, GA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roswell, GA

Pros

Earning potential unlimited , senior management is supportive and has good cop/bad cop style of leading that motivates you while keeping you focused. Middle Management is great depending on the territory.

Cons

Middle Management sends conflicting training lessons,this career requires you to know everything about all types of occupations, the software, their skill sets, what they do, and under what circumstances they would use them. To young people who are not as knowledgeable in the various industries you are calling on be prepared for a steep learning curve. Some managers are great salespeople, but terrible managers at cultivating talent and promoting confidence in the younger inexperienced sales force.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Technipower

"Great place to work. Potential to grow."

I worked at Technipower full-time

Pros

Initially I had my concerns about Technipower. Between the poor base pay and the reviews I read online. However, after working there for awhile I truly have a better understanding of what they are about. This is an amazing place to work, it really is. The Director of Operations is one of the kindest, most honest and driven individuals I have had the pleasure to work for. He truly believes in family first as does the rest of the staff. I had some unfortunate circumstances come about that forced me to take about a week off and they were nothing but supportive and understanding. The Director of sales is the same way, she was extremely supportive in me taking care of family matters first and foremost, even checking with me once I got back to make sure everything went well. You won't find that's kind of sincerity in a large corporate office.

As far as the money is concerned, it certainly isn't a large base pay, and the bump in salary to work the west coast hours isn't worth it. But the commission structure is great. You have the potential to make a lot of money in commission. At the end of the days that's what a sales job is anyway. If you want a bigger base, get out of sales. I personally prefer a larger commission in order to control your own salary.

I would suggest working west coast hours (11-8) for the simple fact that you avoid any office drama. There is office drama in any office setting, it's up to you to keep your head down, dial the phone, and make your time at work valuable.

All in all his is an outstanding place to work with amazon co-workers and higher level management that truly cares.

Cons

The base pay is low. There are far too many unnecessary meetings. At times it feels they hire anyone with a pulse and resume. Most importantly, just because someone is good at sales doesn't mean they are good at leading. In my time there I noticed there are quite a few branch managers that aren't true leaders. Not to say I had this experience, but I was aware of things going on around me and throughout the office. It is apparent who is a quality branch manager and who has been promoted due to high sales. To take a company to the next level you need quality leaders in the right positions and that is something that they lack here. Be sure to ask questions when you job shadow during training and find a branch manager that is a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Stay true to who you are. Director of operation and director of sales are 2 of the most wonderful people to work for. I am sure the Director of Sales is extremely busy, but I would suggest having her do more training with employees. She has a wealth of knowledge in the industry and is very good at sales; download this info to the employees more. I also suggest bumping the incentive to work west coast hours, that is a great territory but may be difficult to convince new employees to work the hours.

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Technipower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company should be out of business soon

Cons

The owner of this company is extremely self centerened, out of date, unaware, and has no concern for the people who work hard day in and out for a poor salary and commission structure. The owner went as far as to write on Facebook that his employees will not amount to anything even outside of this job. More than half of the company, including key players , have quit with in the last year. There is no real training at this company, and they are immensely behind on recruiting technology, and practices. The have failed to pay their employees commission on several occasions and use unacceptable excuses as to why you have to wait to be paid. The owner and operating management is quick to blame employees for the downfall of this company but the truth is their lack of leadership skills and training as well as failure to listen to concerns of their staff is what will ultimately close down this "company " for good.

Advice to Management

Treat all of your staff with the same respect that you are asking of them. Pay your employees money that they rightfully earned for themselves.