Technisource - Technisource reviews | Glassdoor

"Technisource reviews"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

Pros

Flexible work hours, knowledgeable project leads, i i i i i i i i i i i i i i

Cons

only con would be that they need to let people know asap about contract expansions i dont have any cons I was an entry level guy and they gave me a chance giving me experience in aviation.

Advice to Management

no advice except tell people when there contracts ending and dont bs them about other projects if you want them on the project let them know if not say so

Other Employee Reviews for Technisource

"Technisource - a great place to be work for"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

I worked a contracting job (W2) through Technisource and was quite pleased. The pay was better than most other contracting shops. You can choose either straight pay (aka W2: no paid benefits) or a limited benefit compensation package with slightly less cash per hour. Even if you go the straight pay option, all of the benefits are available ala carte (employee pays 100%). Purchasable benefits included health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. The insurance products were solid and the prices were competitive (although I eventually found slightly better options on my own).

A lot of the "quality of work" factors are not controlled by Technisource but instead by the company that you are contracted to. However, Technisource did a great job with all things that they had control of. Unexpected perks included a Christmas party as well as other smaller "lunch" parties throughout the year.

Cons

As with any contracting position, career opportunities and job advancement don't really apply. Likewise, recognition and feedback are usually limited for contractors. If you aren't happy with the work or environment, your only recourse is to leave for a different position. Since you don't actually work for the company that you are contracting at, it's hard to take pride in your company or job. Oftentimes contractors are excluded from the company's events. However, all of these downsides come with the territory of contracting and are largely not controlled by Technisource.

Advice to Management

N/A - Being a contract shop, you don't really have much interaction with Technisource Senior Management.

2. "Just laid-off from Technisource"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Rochester, NY

Pros

Great people to work with - top notch group that I had the honor to work with. Training is good but there is a lot that you have to learn by trial and error. I had the best manager I could ask for but without her I might have been lost.

Cons

Disorganized merger - territories weren't establish. The merger hindered the ability for offices to continue name recognition - clients and candidates were confused.

Advice to Management

Communicate better, give praise when praise is deserved but don't pick favorites - unless you don't want a team environment.

PS I got laid-off this week and I hit my targets in fact I exceeded my targets. I had no idea I would be cut. My GP #'s for 08 were mid-level in my office - I never even have had a call from Senior Management to pick my numbers up. It shocked my whole office - everyone was upset - it was the worst expereince. Save yourselves now!!! Do not let this happen to you. I loved everyone I worked with but my VP canned me without any indication I was on the list.