Technology Credit Union - Great until new management and strategy directions changed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Technology Credit Union

"Great until new management and strategy directions changed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Small company everyone knows each other and supports one another.

Cons

Employees can be stifled, and passed over for promotions

Advice to Management

Take a look at who you have within your team before offering positions to others with impressive resumes, that wont or cant deliver results

Other Employee Reviews for Technology Credit Union

1. "Relationship Banker"

Pros

Great Vacation compensation, work life balance and career opportunities.

Cons

Not sure what to say here.

Technology Credit Union Response

Dec 11, 2015 – Organizational and Talent Development Manager

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that we're heading in the right direction with our work-life balance and other areas. We appreciate our employees!!

"More of a Bank Environment"

I worked at Technology Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Definitely not the best benefits package I've seen but there pretty decent! The company prides themselves on personal/work life balance, but recently I felt like this motto has changed and the company is more demanding of time with the added pressure to meet and exceed sales goals!

Cons

I wouldn't be surprised it TechCU finally moved forward and converted to a bank! It definitely feels like bank environment! High sales goals, cold calling, pressure of turning every interaction with a member into a sale! Those who work in banks.. Sound familiar?! What happened to the personal side of banking?!
    Back office "open door policy" they claim to be open door and will be there to support you, but unless you are considered highly liked or favored or protected by someone in the company don't bother wasting your time and getting caught up in company politics!
    High turnover rate! The company doesn't seem to be able to hold on to real talent! Some positions on the career site have been up for months, if you notice most are front line positions working in the branches!
    The company is always open for suggestions for improvement and innovating which can be hit or miss! They are really slow to move on some ideas and on others it can be the speed of light! The company is always changing, they implement ideas so quickly, it hard to keep everyone on the same page!
    They're changed the format of the branches making smaller branches covered with three people! Thats not enough coverage! They've gotten rid of teller lines, don't want to waste time with mundane routine transactions! Sales, sales, sales!
    Pending on who you are and your connections promotions can be difficult to get!

Advice to Management

Listen more to your front line staff!
    Protect your talent!
    Lower your sales goals!
    Making work enjoyable!

Technology Credit Union Response

Nov 17, 2015 – Organizational and Talent Development Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective on your time with Tech CU. The rapid pace of change in the financial services sector can be daunting, as can the balancing act of managing ... More