Tecomax - A Working Experience Worse than Anything I Could Have Imagined | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tecomax

"A Working Experience Worse than Anything I Could Have Imagined"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I worked at Tecomax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I now understand just how utterly vindictive and abusive a company can really be.

Cons

This "job" is a scam.

1. They're training program is about a week long. You will not be paid for training.

2. You are required to pay for the cost of your own drug test.

3. In the interview they will tell you that you can expect to earn $2000 per month. This is a bald faced lie. Be advised: the market for privatized energy has been saturated. There is very little money to be made selling it, and it is 100% commission.

4. You will be expected to work 6 days a week, 12 hours per day. Again, this is 100% commission, so if you don't make anything, you are out of luck.

5. When I was forced to quit that "job" since it was not paying my bills, and I was unable to actively search for work while working there (since I was working 72 hours per week), and was forced to file for unemployment through the military, they went out of their way to tell the Texas Workforce Commission that they were my employer, which is also a bald-faced lie. Because I filed W9s, and not W4s with them, technically, I was self-employed, and not an employee of their company; a fact they went out of their way to point out during the training program. This is why they are able to make you work without actually paying you; and because of this, they never paid a red cent in unemployment taxes for me -- and yet they told the TWC that I had been an employee of theirs. Complete falsehood. I now have to go through a lengthy appeals process to get my unemployment benefits, and in the meantime, my rent is coming due. I will probably have to borrow money from my parents or temporarily accept a high school caliber job (after a career as a military officer) because of these crooks.

These people will steal your life, pay you nothing, and then go out of their way to urinate on your corpse.

STAY AWAY.

Advice to Management

Conning people into working for nothing is one thing. Going out of your way to screw with them after the fact is indefensible.

Other Employee Reviews for Tecomax

"You can make more money working at mcdonalds"

Former Contractor - Team Leader in Plano, TX
    Former Contractor - Team Leader in Plano, TX

I worked at Tecomax as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very independent since you are an independent contractor. You can get promoted in just a few days.

Cons

This company pays its sales reps 100% commission. I was a team leader and had 28 people on my team excluding myself. I worked about 75+ hours a week and made a little over $100 dollars. You will not get paid what you are supposed to. You are also a independent contractor meaning what you make is before you pay taxes.

Advice to Management

Do not take this job. You will make so much more working minimum wage at McDonalds.

2. "Personal/Professional/Financial Growth"

I have been working at Tecomax full-time

Pros

I have learned so much. This is the type of job that strengthens your mindset and your attitude to get the job done. The skill sets I've learned can be applied to other areas of my life and have made me an overall better person. The company thrives on teamwork. If you are hard working and can devote time, energy, and effort, then this company will invest time in training you to be better.

Cons

Hours can be long but the more work I have put in the more recognition I have received. Hard work does not go unnoticed here.

Advice to Management

The Residual Bonus is awesome apart from the normal pay! Please Continue to implement great bonus structures like you have been.