Tekserve - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Former Employee - Customer Service
Former Employee - Customer Service

Pros

A very personable work environment. A good learning experience. Personal benefits were very nice.

Cons

Stress, lack of communication, difficult to accelerate and move up within ranks.

Advice to Management

Being threatening is not advisable.

Other Employee Reviews for Tekserve

1. "Service Advisor - 1 year"

Former Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in New York, NY
    Former Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in New York, NY

I worked at Tekserve full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Good benefits. Excellent managers. The company was run like the biggest mom and pop store you've ever seen. Internal promotions were quite common. Apple training was free. I felt my career finally had a trajectory. Very diverse workplace.

Cons

Well, it was run like the biggest mom and pop store you've ever seen, which could also have negatives. Some people were just kept around since they had been there a long time and it showed. There was a bit of "grooming" going on too among my fellow new hires.

Advice to Management

It's a different kind of company now that the store closed and a different business model. Hopefully there will always be that bit of community there amongst what's left of the company. Would have appreciated more forthrightness about plans (or lack there of) to keep service alive. For those of us who stuck around I felt it was quite fair in the end.

2. "Great place to work and learn"

Former Employee - Technician in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technician in New York, NY

I worked at Tekserve full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The knowledgeable staff. They make sure that you learn the proper ways to repair computers and iPods. And you can take that knowledge with you after you're done there

Cons

I don't really have any cons to speak of, it was a pretty good place to work all together. It's closed down now, however.