TeleCommunication Systems - Management | Glassdoor

"Management"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TeleCommunication Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Coffee here in Seattle office. Some fun people and interesting 911 work which I think is really important

Cons

Some of my co-workers have been resigning and we just lost the best exec leader we've ever had. Company is slow to recognize and solve issues and is short sighted when it comes to investing in the future. Otherwise, I TCS like today and have for the last 10 years.

Advice to Management

Annapolis execs should fund important projects for the future.

Other Employee Reviews for TeleCommunication Systems

"Needs new set of leadership and organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at TeleCommunication Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent salary in alignment to industry standard.
    My department have excellent people who trys hard to make the best resource provided.
    Majority of the employees are really easy going.
    Nice perks like free sodas, coffee, breakfast.

Cons

Company lacks innovation. They keep buying out company instead of inventing their own products what is what makes any company unique.
    Zero leadership direction and structure across the board. Every sector at TCS does their own thing. My site has yet to be "integrated" in over 5 years.
    With all the job openings at our site that pays well no one seems to take it. Makes me wonder. New hire seem to quit after 1 month on their own.

Advice to Management

Be a leader and be innovative like Apple once was. Refresh your entire team. have some defined structure across the board. Change your logo, it is dated and old and is reflection of what the public views it.

"Terrible Senior Management"

Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at TeleCommunication Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Small and friendly work environment. Great co-workers, talented staff, free drink in break room, and a lot of little perks.

Cons

Senior management rushes work. Way too much stuff gets pushed out without proper impact analysis, testing, or contingencies. Very shocking considering how mission critical the work is. Too many issues like QA out of sync with production. Way too much 'getting by', company is always putting out fires, system and software held together by duct tape.

Advice to Management

Need to understand process. The only reason this company hasn't gone under is because they're the only game in town, very few competitors. A few free drinks in the break room does not blind the fact that there is low morale.