TeleTech - Fine while it lasted | Glassdoor

"Fine while it lasted"

Pros

I had the best time because it was the first time I could just get on the computer all day and get on the internet. That was the ultimate. It was years ago and unheard of. Then the layoffs happened.

Cons

A lot of people could not help customers and customers needed a lot of help with their new systems

Advice to Management

Have really skilled people

Other Employee Reviews for TeleTech

"Not Worth It"

Current Employee - Technical Support
    Current Employee - Technical Support

Pros

-Work from home.
    -Paid Training
    -Gets you call center experience to put on a resume.

Cons

-Almost all positions are badly under-compensated, especially for all of the strict standards you must adhere to.

-Extreme micro-managing - unauthorized aux code use is a write up. I haven't had to ask to use the restroom since I left grade school, and I don't intend on doing so ever again. --There is no business need in a PROPERLY STAFFED tech support call center to require permission for the restroom. Management needs to be able to identify "restroom abusers" and coach them individually. If you have IBS or any sort of bladder issue/frequent urination, or you just value your own dignity and human rights, you might want to re-consider working here.

-Must maintain a "95%" reliability. In other words, you DON'T GET SICK OR HAVE FAMILY EMERGENCIES while working for ttech, or you'll be written up/fired. You're literally allowed to call out 1 time ANNUALLY.

-Ridiculous average handle times (10 minute handle time for helpdesk/tech support is an unreasonable expectation). Many of the calls will easily go beyond 10 minutes just due to the 15 steps and 25 different windows you have to go through to even BEGIN to troubleshoot, all while the different systems are freezing/crashing.

-No more than 2 minutes of "ACW" (after-call work mode) to finish copying/pasting between/minimizing/maximizing literally 20+ different windows.

-VERY strict QA/QA standards.

-Systems constantly crash/freeze/force close. (again, you still can't go over 2 minutes after the customer hangs up, doesn't matter what problems you're having with THEIR faulty systems.

-Terrible training. I realize it's web-based training, but, the trainer and the resources are sub-standard at best. None of the training prepared us for any of the calls/situations we were going to be handling. We weren't allowed to log in to read over job aids and training materials off-shift, and weren't given any time to do so while on shift. I was also told there wouldn't be enough time to review one of the most complicated processes we'll encounter (when there was plenty of time to cover it). The trainer was incapable of explaining the way the systems interacted with each other, how each of them applies to your job, or any question outside of what the job aids/slide shows have on them. Training consisted of 2 weeks of people reading slide shows out loud.

-Vague/useless job aids/knowledge base articles.

- Inaccessible level 2 support/chat coach support (they simply don't answer the phone). You are in a chatroom with 30+ other reps that also do not know how to do their job and 1 chat coach for all of them. If you are getting a call about something that there is no KB on (which happens fairly often), you had better have another computer next to you with google open (they have google blocked through their VPN...)

-"Nesting" is the worst I've experienced. On Day 1 of nesting we were already being told that we're using too much ACW and they were telling people that they HAVE to auto-in regardless of how far they've gotten creating their previous ticket. "You have to complete that ON THE CALL". (I thought nesting was supposed to be where you were not being yelled at for not meeting metrics). If they're this strict in nesting, I can't imagine what full production is like.

Advice to Management

New hire training needs to be looked at and vastly improved. VPN throughput and performance needs improvement (it's too slow, and no, it's not my internet connection). No employee should be required to ask permission to use the restroom unless there is a REAL business need for it. Policies and procedures need to be looked at to improve efficiency and reduce un-needed stress/work. Seems like Teletech can take one of the most simple inbound call center jobs and turn it into an absolute nightmare by micromanaging and adding an endless amount of useless steps to each call you take. Compensation is an insult for almost all of the CSR/TSR positions, especially for the strict demands you must follow.

"More than Satisfactory"

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Pros

I work for my career and TeleTech has brought me to a level where I am growing. I put to use my language skills and customer service orientation at work. It was a good experience.

Cons

There are always people who will be negative. Keep away from the bad influence and decide for yourself. Do your best.

Advice to Management

Put effort to get to know what employees are saying. While some are valuable and others are not, it's still a good insight in what to do for managing the employees.