TeleTech - Im currently working for TeleTech at home | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TeleTech

"Im currently working for TeleTech at home"

Current Employee - Best Buy Sale Agent in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Best Buy Sale Agent in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They talk a good game, lol.... Here's the skinny on Teletech@ home customer service positions. the hiring process takes about a month in total before you start working but it's a very easy process.

Cons

The trouble starts when you start training. The training last for about 4 weeks, at least that's what we were told in our phone orientation. The training is done over the phone and in a virtual training room online. To say that training was a hot mess would be an understatement. There were 40 new hires and one trainer who had been in her training position for only one week, we were her first class. After the first week she was booted as our trainer. Go figure. Ok so now we are on week two new trainer and all things get even crazier. we were not trained well, just givin a bunch of information and let loose to figure things out on our own which was very scary. you are told that you are hired for the home appliance department only to find out about a week before you are set to take calls that you have been switched over to "PRODUCT SALES". yup that's right SALES. I was thinking as was all the others in my class ----> when were we trained for Sales? To top it all off you have a survey , a paperless tracker and complete noting after each call. You also have to fill out an EOS End Of Shift report every day after your shift. everyday you get emails about new task you have to do. and remember this is all for 9 bucks an hour. they say you will get 38 hours a week --YEAH RIGHT try 17-21. Training was the most stable shifts we had. After training your on you own pal... This job is so scary. They have what called MTO which is Mandatory Time Off that means at anytime its slow they can boot you from work and trust me they do this every single day. So your sitting there like OMG please don't let them kick me off. Im currently looking for another job so that I can tell Teletech to kiss my big fat ***.
BTW did I mention you have over 10 systems you have to log into daily?

Advice to Management

you guys are gonna lose that huge Best Buy account if you DO NOT TRAIN your new hires properly. care more about people who work for your company. pay people for the work they do..... this could be such a good thing but its ran slooooooopy....

Other Employee Reviews for TeleTech

"Favorism. Lorain , OHIO CallCenter site"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in South Lorain, OH
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in South Lorain, OH

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gaining experience as a call center agent. Temporary job while waiting for other oppurtunity. Teletech has good trainers. Managers have too many stressful job

Cons

I will list the most obvious in Teletech itself as an organisation.

1) Immaturity among the younger agents. 2) Majority of Supervisor very immature and rude. They have no respect for the older employees. 3) Getting too involved with other employees 4) Extremely dirty working place. Carpets and Seats are nasty. ( would have called the health inspector )
    5) Favorism. 6) Its more of a highschool atmosphere. 7) No RAISE!!!

Advice to Management

Management needs to filter the right individual that has the qualification and the drive to get the job done.

"Great Company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good starter job to get the ball rolling. Flexible schedules, especial when in school, Tuition reimbursement up to 2000.00 (1000.00/yr.), if you can commit yourself for a year or more. If you perform well and stay at the top of your game, you can go anywhere within the company.

Cons

Corporate Politics, don't pay as well as they should. tools used to perform your job perform well, but could use some major improvements.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees more. take better care of your tenured agents